Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by aeneas
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Since the original looks to be unobtainium and many Safe Cracker pins (including mine) have burned out lights around the translite, I plan to recreate the original rope light with connectors ready to plug in.

It will match the original look and fit of the Bally part 04-10440 with incandescent bulbs. My replacement will have the same flashing effect, same spacing and bulb color with clear rope. I'll also create and post replacement instructions.

If there is enough interest, the price will be very reasonable.

Please send me a PM with contact info if you would be interested in buying one. No pre-orders or deposits, just looking for interest.

I will use the interest here to figure out pricing and batch sizes for manufacturing.

Full payment when we are ready to ship.

#2 3 years ago

Great idea. Making rope lights for pins, could actually be a nice little niche market.

Safecracker
Stargate
Hook
Star Trek (Data East)

To name a few all have unobtainable rope light.

I made a thread on how to repair DE rope light, but if yours in missing or bulbs are blown, then your only alternative is to hack something together (blech) or swap the rice bulbs for small leds (very painstaking).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chase-rope-repair-in-data-east-st-and-hook

A purchasable source would be nice, a led alternative even better. Oh and add in some inline fuse protection as the chase boards tend to be a soft target when thing go bad.

#3 3 years ago

i replaced my awhile back, couldn't find a original, i fitted a mr pinball LED version,

#4 3 years ago

I saw the Mr. Pinball version but I like the original much better.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Great idea. Making rope lights for pins, could actually be a nice little niche market.
Safecracker
Stargate
Hook
Star Trek (Data East)
To name a few all have unobtainable rope light.
I made a thread on how to repair DE rope light, but if yours in missing or bulbs are blown, then your only alternative is to hack something together (blech) or swap the rice bulbs for small leds (very painstaking).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chase-rope-repair-in-data-east-st-and-hook
A purchasable source would be nice, a led alternative even better. Oh and add in some inline fuse protection as the chase boards tend to be a soft target when thing go bad.

Not really looking for a niche market to make money. I am only looking to fill a hole for SC rope lights. I can't find one for mine and I see this has been a problem for a long time. I also want it as close to OEM as possible. So it probably won't be LED. That already exists if you like flashing colors.

I'm not interested in the DE machines you listed as I don't own any of them, and am not trying to start a business. You are welcome to it.

Tom

#6 3 years ago

I'm in.

Thanks for doing this.

Mark

#7 3 years ago

Thanks Mark. That's two so far. Surely there are more SC owners that want this.

Be good to buy a spare because if you own a Safe Cracker pin, eventually you will need it.

#8 3 years ago

what is the likely cost? I will eventually add a SC to the stable so would be happy to support the effort and buy 1 just to have.

#9 3 years ago

I don't have the cost fully worked out yet but I am shooting for under $100 with shipping in the US and with enough orders well under that.

As a comparison, the Mr.Pinball colored LED kit is just over $110 shipped to the US and doesn't look as good. IMHO. I prefer the original look.

According to newsgroup archives Original Rope Light Assembly for SafeCracker p/n: 04-10440 was $85 plus shipping more than 5 years ago when available.

#10 3 years ago

Count me in. Happy to support the cause

#11 3 years ago

Is there anything unique about it? I'd just compare it to something at Walmart/Target/Bed Bath & Beyond.

Alternatively, pull out the old string of lights and slide in some LED strips.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Is there anything unique about it? I'd just compare it to something at Walmart/Target/Bed Bath & Beyond.
Alternatively, pull out the old string of lights and slide in some LED strips.

Kind of like putting an Alarm clock from one of those stores you mentioned in your TZ as a clock replacement. I am guessing you don't own a Safe Cracker?

#13 3 years ago

To answer your question dudah, normal rope lights and led strips all come on at once. I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong) but SC lights alternate?

#14 3 years ago

I'm in

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

To answer your question dudah, normal rope lights and led strips all come on at once. I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong) but SC lights alternate?

Patofnaud, you are correct. Factory rope lights alternate.

#16 3 years ago

I would be interested, will their be a LED version in white?
Magicchiz

1 month later
#17 3 years ago

I'm interested

#18 3 years ago

I would definitely be in at $100. Please let me know.

6 months later
#19 2 years ago

I would be interested as well.

#20 2 years ago

I'm definitely in!

Any progress to report?

#21 2 years ago

Sorry but they never were made. They need to be 3 conductor chasing 24 volt rope light material. I had a strong lead in China but they stopped making it a few years ago.

I have since sold my Safe Cracker pin so I stopped pursuing it.

#22 2 years ago

Check this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-safecracker-rope-light-available
I just ordered one, expect to get it somewhere next week..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside