IMG_9007 (resized).jpg
IMG_9008 (resized).jpg
IMG_9009 (resized).jpg
IMG_8990 (resized).jpg
wide wood 1 (resized).JPG
Hy brid complete (resized).JPG
IMG_8990 (resized).jpg
IMG_8991 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackcatbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from plumbertim1:

I keep hearing "Coos" who or what is Coos? Dixieland pinball is a supplier?
Those legs are awesome! I'm using a shop vac and compressed air to get the dust out. Attached is some progress pictures.
I appreciate all the help![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He's a Dutch collector who makes and sells reproduction backglasses with true mirror lines. He will ship to the USA. He also sells other small cabinet hardware parts.

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/index.html

Edit: I believe he also sells stencil sets for cabinet art.

3 weeks later
#49 3 years ago
Quoted from plumbertim1:

Does anyone know how too shine up the springs in front of the light? I ran them in my vibratory bowl with walnut shells for 5 days. Didn't help any. Any ideas?

Sounds like Dennis has you covered with his offer of replacement springs, but I'll still throw this out: I use crushed walnut media and add to it Flitz, the tumbling additive. 24 hours of that does a basic cleaning and oxidation removal. I finish off with Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish carefully applied by hand. It takes time, but the springs look very good. You can use a Q-tip and Mother's around the attachment points on the posts. I believe you also could use a Dremel tool with a felt tip to apply the Mother's, but I'd be careful around the curly areas at the posts or just do them by hand.

2 weeks later
#53 3 years ago
Quoted from plumbertim1:

I used the walnut media without anything like flitz and after 4 days nothing. I have some flitz and will try again. Do I rub flitz on the spring then put it in the vibratory bowl?

No need to coat the spring with Flitz. I start my tumbler and then add the Flitz. Just squirt it in various areas so it gets distributed more or less evenly. Once you've added the Flitz in the ratio recommended on the label, stop the tumbler after a minute or so and put the lid back on and the parts in. I'm pulling this from memory, but I believe the label suggests 1 oz. per pound of media.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackcatbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-s-laguna-beach?tu=blackcatbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.