• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EFC43847-3A3E-4DA8-BF93-EA7DC431EDE2 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hello folks,

I have a problem with a Black Pyramid. Self-test positions 16 and 17 are both read as 03. Game Play: After have made a first replay by High Score or Special, a second one (and so on) will not be given, but an extra ball instead. It seems that the MPU board is good - I changed all the socketed chips but no difference. I tested too another Software Chipset.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Greetings from Markus

#2 2 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

Check switch 6 shown in your manual on page 7.

EFC43847-3A3E-4DA8-BF93-EA7DC431EDE2 (resized).jpegEFC43847-3A3E-4DA8-BF93-EA7DC431EDE2 (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago

Hello Austin,

thanks for your fast reaction Dip Switch 06 I already had taken as possible reason. But it works well: In ON position, the Bonus Special Offer comes multiple times per game - if you can complete BLACK PYRAMID letters enough times, too. In OFF position, the Bonus Special Offer comes only one time per game.

But this is not the problem and changes nothing to my issue: After have made a first replay by a High Score or a Special (by Left Lane, Center Target or Bonus), any more replays will not be given, but only an extra ball instead. With the Self-Test Adjustments 16 and 17 showing 03 each, it should add ALL replays earned in a game.

And the show goes on...

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-s-black-pyramid-issue-only-one-replay-per-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.