Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230708_120247 (resized).jpg
20230707_182328 (resized).jpg
20230707_182357 (resized).jpg
20230707_182343 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I need one. I doubt anyone would stock this weird part. So i'm looking to see if someone has a junk playfield, & willing to sell one.

6 months later
#3 6 years ago

Ok, here is how I fixed the broken blade one here. Make sure you have the post, & press washer from broken blade. I tried a wider blade from something & it broke when I drilled it larger. My fix was to take a Bally bulls eye target, solid circle color one. Red is common. I drilled the target rivet off, & removed target. So now you have a blade that fits the stack. Took a marker for a dot to carefully drill a hole for post. I just placed it on removed stack screw holes, & guessed the center where the post goes through the playfield. Hole drilled ok, so I got the post snug with blade. With the post pointing down on a hard surface, you fix the press washer on & gently tap it down with a hammer. Poor mans fix for what seems to be a non available part unless a playfield is junked. Guess about a 1000+ balls played & its still ok.

#4 6 years ago

Nice! Thanks for a detailed "hack fix" description

#5 6 years ago

Now we just need a fix for people without the post!

#6 6 years ago

Possibly use a threaded bolt style post, on a wide blade. Likely would have to get very short length contact blades for scoring.

6 years later
#7 8 months ago

Seen a few Bally Rolling Stones with this issue of their unique to this title scoring posts with broken spring metal.
My fix is to use the stiff leaf blade from the never needed slam tilt on the bottom of the playfield. Clip off the weight from the long blade and cut to length by matching a known good one. Punch out the switch stack mounting holes and a hole big enough for the post mount to sit in as well as drill out a small hole for a small microswitch style screw and clip off the extra length of it. Then drill out a an area big enough where the screw would touch the playfield so it will lay flat on the playfield.

20230707_182328 (resized).jpg20230707_182328 (resized).jpg20230707_182343 (resized).jpg20230707_182343 (resized).jpg20230707_182357 (resized).jpg20230707_182357 (resized).jpg

(The hole in the original damaged black spring metal was from someone's previous repair attempt.)

#8 8 months ago

Here it is installed in the game.
(Note the cup type hole drilled under where the small added screw sits)

20230708_120247 (resized).jpg20230708_120247 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 199.95
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nanaimo, BC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rolling-stones-scoring-poststeel-blade?hl=dr_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.