Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Having a minor issue with the single drop on left side of PF. Registers when it and resets after the satisfaction saucer shot made. What is not correct is if target is dropped but saucer shot not made and either ball drains or game over is not resetting even when new game started. If I power off and start up it will reset the target.

Any suggestions?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It sounds like the drop target might not be actuating the switch properly when it drops. Check the switch.
Does it score when the target drops?

It does score when target drops.

2 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

Still having issues with the left single drop and saucer.

Basically target drops and scores but saucer not ejecting out either out hard enough or inline to let it back out into rollovers.

The other issue is the single drop, if I finish a game with target down and want to play another game it won’t reset back up however if I turn game off and then back on it will reset.

Additionally, if target is hit it will reset as required during game play. Just not if game completed with it down.

Any suggestions? Been screwing around with it for a few weeks now and have not found the issue.

Thanks

#7 3 years ago

Dip switches all at recommended positions.

The fork for the saucer has full movement in test mode and seems to fire plenty hard when ball in the saucer but seems to eject it slightly to the right of center of lane hits post and bounces back into saucer. Maybe 1 in 5 tries it will eject properly
out into rollovers.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Are the two metal guides that support the ball in the saucer bent or worn? Is the plastic ball kicker worn or mushroomed? Are you sure the game is leveled properly and at the correct pitch? Have you tried changing the drop target dip switches to see if behavior changes as it should?

Pretty sure the ball kicker is Metal and the guides look fine. It’s a restored machine so everything on PF is perfect.

Definitely seems level side to side with pinguy app but will check again. Pitch I think is 5.5.

Didn’t mess with the dip switch since they were at recommended setting but will give it a try.

#11 3 years ago

So got the eject from saucer working 100%, loose screw that I didn’t see go figure.

Only issue I’m having is let’s say on ball 3 I drop the single drop by saucer and then drain before making saucer shot.

Games goes through match sequence etc...

When I press start button that target is not resetting to start new game, remains down.

If I power off and turn on it will reset. Doesn’t seem to be a dip setting as I don’t see anything that refers to this.

Any suggestions for this one?

1 month later
#12 3 years ago

Anyone able to take a picture of all their switch settings?
I looked in manual and think I have it set correct but the single drop still not resetting between games.

Also, start button won’t start a new game now. Not getting any errors in test mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rolling-stones-drop-target-issue?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.