You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 2-11.JPG
photo 1-11.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Hey now Pinsiders,

I picked up this in Allentown and am just getting to it now. This Rocket 3 has a running score motor, I have been through the PF and steppers and have it narrowed down to this motorized mechanism behind the score motor in the cabinet. The photos below show the score motor (front) and a motor mechanism behind it. The front part of this turns (up to where it meets the metal collar) The last bit does not turn on its own, but when I manually turn it it starts a game and stops the score motor from running. I can see no independent motor to turn the part at the end (behind the metal collar), so I am thinking that somehow this is not turning in sync with the front partphoto 2-11.JPGphoto 2-11.JPGphoto 1-11.JPGphoto 1-11.JPG- but who knows. But before I really dig into it I was hoping to learn more about this part, what it is for and how it works. My online searches have not turned up much. So can anyone tell me about this or provide links to specific info? It has labels and one of them says "reset motor", so is that what this is and how is supposed to work?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

it was ballys version of a latch in bank. instead of a bank reset coil and arm , bally used a motor for resetting the bank. i remember working on a el toro that had the similar kind of bank.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rocket-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.