You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Shangri-La-Replay-Unit09 (resized).jpg
IMG_5859 (resized).jpg
Credit Unit Mechanism (resized).JPG
bally knocker circuit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So recently, sometimes my knocker goes off for a free game but then seems to stay energized, makes a terrible electrical chattering noise and gets really hot. When I turn the game off and on again it starts right back up making the same noise. It stops once I push the start button. Then it plays a few games fine with the knocker firing as it should but then randomly starts doing the same thing again after the knocker fires a few times.

Where do I start with troubleshooting this?

Here’s a link to the noise it’s making.

Thanks.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the input! I'll be looking into it tomorrow and report back.

2 weeks later
#6 5 years ago

So after finally finding some time to dig into this problem I've found that the credit reel is starting to bind when it reaches 18 credits. It binds at red circle and doesn't allow the knocker leaf switch (green circle) to separate all the way which causes the knocker to be constantly energized. It does this every time the credit wheel tries to click over to 19. If I try to manually advance the credit reel the metal wire (blue arrow) gets pulled out of its hole. For the time being I have turned off extra credits for high scores and it hasn't happened since.

IMG_5859 (resized).jpgIMG_5859 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

The return spring long end is in the wrong place: your photo, blue arrow = wrong place. Skidave's photo = right place. Looks like it may be shorting one of the switches.
Probably wrapped one turn too tight because the any oil or grease in the mechanism has turned to adhesive, not lubricant. Disassemble and clean. Light oil ONLY ON METAL TO METAL. All plastic/metal runs dry. Tension the return s
pring just enough to function when clean, more is NOT better.
Good luck and let us know,
Don C.

Don_C nailed it. Although I haven’t disassembled and cleaned it yet, just unwrapping the return spring 3/4 and hooking it in the correct position fixed the problem. It now goes up to 25 credits without any binding. Thanks everyone for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ro-go-knocker-going-crazy?tu=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.