Topic poll

“Which part(s) do you need for your On Beam or Bowl-O clutch?”

• Outer cam 1 vote
    9%
  • Spring 1 vote
    9%
  • Small cam on end 2 votes
    18%
  • Steel spring clutch (if original is not repairable - may only need spring) 1 vote
    9%
  • Whole enchilada 6 votes
    55%

(Multiple choice - 11 votes by 7 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Reset Cam C-706 w model (resized).jpg
No3DClutchAssy (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC04734 (resized).JPG
DSC04735 (resized).JPG
DSC04739 (resized).JPG
SprungKingTutClutch (resized).png
OnBeamClutchOrientationPartsBook (resized).png
clutch4 (resized).jpg
clutch3 (resized).jpg
clutch2 (resized).jpg
clutch1 (resized).jpg
DSC02126 (resized).JPG
DSC02125 (resized).JPG
DSC02128 (resized).JPG
OnBeamResetMotorSwitches (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emspence.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

Working on a King Tut here too that I picked up a couple days ago. Plastic cam is bad, attempting other hacks to tighten it down, but if you decide to sell these or share files, please let me know! Thanks for tackling such a vital, but missing part, looks great!

1 week later
#34 4 years ago

I have not taken the clutch assembly apart on King Tut, or gotten any real measurements, but took a few pictures the other day so figured would share. It now mostly works, but sometimes when just the score motor turns at the end of a ball the tab for the clutch will snap past the little stop resetting game progress. Only the very end of of the outer clutch tab made contact with the stop piece, with some adjustment it is doing better, but still not as reliable as I would like.

DSC02125 (resized).JPGDSC02125 (resized).JPGDSC02126 (resized).JPGDSC02126 (resized).JPGDSC02128 (resized).JPGDSC02128 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#37 3 years ago

Mine is certainly not correct, not sure just how wrong...but it certainly isn't to be taken as an example of what things should look like. There is quite a bit of travel between when the clutch is engaged and when that portion of the shaft is stopped. I typically have to reach through the coin door to get things to reset properly. There are a couple notches that the end of the spring can sit in, neither one produces great results. Thanks for insight that spring is probable culprit.

5 months later
#38 3 years ago

DCP - well, finally dug took apart the clutch assembly today. Spring was indeed stretched out some, which gave a lot of play in the reset cams after the tab had been caught. I was able to bend it back into shape a bit, but ended up having to file a new little notch in the outer cam in order to make the assembly stop in the correct place. The machine has only one clutch. Outer cam is mostly ok, inner one has one of its little inside tabs broken off, or at least worn down from rubbing on the end of the spring being tucked into the same slot. I had somehow overlooked your offer to send replacements, I would be most grateful, will send you that message. I took some pictures of the spring, but missed the opportunity to get more of the internals on camera. The pieces offhand seem to match your renderings at least.

My cam system is now working well for the first time (for now!). Next I need to sort out where there is a short in the game. No matter if you tilt or game over, the game remains active...like you can flip the flippers, continue to score etc. I had to bend back a contact on tilt relay to keep the ball eject from machine gunning upon final ball drain. So, at least now a game can be played, but tilting turns on the light, but has no consequences.

DSC04734 (resized).JPGDSC04734 (resized).JPGDSC04735 (resized).JPGDSC04735 (resized).JPGDSC04739 (resized).JPGDSC04739 (resized).JPG
#40 3 years ago

DCP I do have an old combination mill/lathe which has come in handy for a few parts, but my skillset and bit selection isn't to the level to fully re-create one of these...but I could give it a try and see if I can get anywhere close. Hopefully somebody with a CNC lathe or more practice is interested!

This is an old picture, before the area filled with clutter. Motor is sitting on the machine, but is now mounted to wall.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 years later
#59 9 months ago

Thanks for sharing your files DCP & sorry to hear of the many things keeping you busy now. I would like to thank you again for sending the parts for my King Tut . I feel bad for never trying to swap them in, but as you said life gets in the way and the old ones in mine have been hanging on. They aren't perfect (the game has to cycle a few times before a game starts sometimes, annoyingly racking up extra games on the counter), but actually are holding up...even has been on location at The Game Preserve NASA (south side of Houston Texas, where I work some on the side) since spring break. While working on one of the newer games, a kid was playing the heck out of the often-overlooked King Tut & said he loved it. It is the most boring to play of my EMs, but that sure made my day, and I still love the art on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emspence.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-reset-bank-clutch-fix?tu=emspence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.