• Latest reply 1 year ago by BubbaK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0599 (resized).JPG
replay units (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I've got a Captain Fantastic that I'm working on. My first Bally machine. The replay unit is missing a switch stack and the plastic gear has some melted teeth and the clock spring is shot. I was going to replace the switch stack, but I just found a replacement unit. When I posted looking for a new unit, someone mentioned it has the weighted plunger. The replacement unit I got does not have the weighted plunger, but it does appear to have an extra spring that mine didn't have. Can I just switch plungers? is the weighted plunger necessary?

replay units (resized).jpgreplay units (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

The Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy I had did not have a weighted plungerIMG_0599 (resized).JPGIMG_0599 (resized).JPG

Also the parts manual doesn't show a weighted plunger https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/wddl/#p=106

The game you linked above is the Home edition solid state model
hope this helps

#3 1 year ago

Clean that grease off the replacement gear assembly too.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Clean that grease off the replacement gear assembly too.

Thanks.. I cleaned it up before installing it.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from chas10e:

The Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy I had did not have a weighted plunger[quoted image]
Also the parts manual doesn't show a weighted plunger https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/wddl/#p=106
The game you linked above is the Home edition solid state model
hope this helps

I fixed the link. Thanks for catching that. The unit that was in the machine had the weighted step up plunger. The manual on IPDB also shows it listed with dampening washers as well.

#6 1 year ago

somehow I was thinking of the bonus unit

I imagine the "dampening washers" are meant to prevent the machine from giving credits out from bouncing the back of the machine off the floor

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from chas10e:

somehow I was thinking of the bonus unit
I imagine the "dampening washers" are meant to prevent the machine from giving credits out from bouncing the back of the machine off the floor

No worries..

Logic makes sense.. if thats the case, I don't care right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-replay-unit-cf?hl=bubbak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.