Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Geofflove
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Does anyone have the spec on this relay coil? One I’m working on is open circuit. Marcos has one in stock but I’m in the uk so quicker and easier to rewind it. Even easier if I had a ref for the wire gauge and ohms. It’s not listed on flippers. It from a Magic Circle 1965.
Thanks

#2 2 years ago

https://flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

Hmm. This is where I always look but it doesn't show there. Has coils all around it.

#3 2 years ago

Is there another relay with the same coil in the machine? You could check the ohms on that.

#4 2 years ago

I did this once many years ago, before the internet...unwound the wire while walking between two posts so many feet apart, then figured out the total length of the wire, matched the gauge, then used new wire to respool the coil. It worked.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for suggestions. I’ve guessed! There was no way of unwinding the wire, it was fried to a blob. Managed to cut it all off. Found some wire the looked similar gauge and wound by hand to the same level as it was. Came out at 15 ohms. The one next to it was 8 ohms. A bit different but it works. It’s just a reset trip in the relay so I guess it’s no too critical so long as it trips which it does and doesn’t fry.
Someone had wired a crappy switch to simulate a coin going in. Such as crappy switch it appears to be stuck closed. I suspect when this happened it was the cause of the fried start relay coin and the cause of the smoke reported by the owner.
Now I can get on with troubleshooting these rest of the start up sequence…..!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-relay-coil-spec-e-184-187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.