Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Robotworkshop
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 days ago

Looking to purchase an 82 Bally Rapid Fire that the owner admits has a shooting problem. Is there any part(s) that might be needed to fix that are not available to purchase? I am assuming what I need to repair can be bought. Thanks in advance

#2 9 days ago

For goodness sake why?? Rapid Fire was the game that ruined Bally Pinball.
Everything of the gun wears out. The firing pin is notorious for getting hammered down.
No idea if anyone has parts.

#3 9 days ago

I actually have an excellent reason why.. My grandson is 3 and cannot yet grasp what a flipper does or when to hit the button but he could hold the fire button in on a rapid fire and enjoy the noise and action.

#4 9 days ago
Quoted from schukei:

I actually have an excellent reason why.. My grandson is 3 and cannot yet grasp what a flipper does or when to hit the button but he could hold the fire button in on a rapid fire and enjoy the noise and action.

Back in the day these games were junked for some of the boards. I sent 2 or 3 to the dump. Sold off the firing parts, so maybe take that into consideration unless you see them up on Ebay or elsewhere. Williams as the better version. Have not seen either version in my area in many years.

#5 8 days ago

If you were me, besides the boards what portion of the firing mechanism would you look at? The actual firing pin to see if is still functioning or the ball loading mechanism? Thanks in advance

#6 8 days ago

I believe I sold a lot of 2 firing mechs. Both pins did not work for me, battery leakage mpu. At that time reasonable new boards were not available.

#7 8 days ago

Hyperball is by far the better of these two shooters. If your kid likes noise and action, Hyperball delivers.

#8 8 days ago
Quoted from schukei:

If you were me, besides the boards what portion of the firing mechanism would you look at?

Start with the firing pin. It's made of inferior metal and gets mushroomed. Bally came out with a replacement pin to ship to dealers at the time but for now if yours is mushroomed perhaps you can file it down.

I would familiarize yourself with the gun assembly. Tear it down and rebuild it repairing whatever you can as you go.

BTW, my method of playing the game was to move the shield to one side at the start of a turn and concentrate on the center and other side. Good luck, and enjoy.

#9 8 days ago

It's a great game for a while. I really thought that it played better then Hyperball, and that the best thing about Hyperball was that you could see the balls reloading...that's pretty cool. I got rid of my Rapid Fire years ago after I was able to roll it over at will. Watch the video all the way to the end.

John

#10 7 days ago

You can get the large coil for the gun and extra balls at pbresource.com and I think Marcos has it as well as the feed motor. The manual lacks some details and it would have been nice to see more details on the whole assembly. I’ve got one of these that is working but would like to get a spare gun assembly and maybe feed mechanism to ensure I can keep it going. If anyone knows where to buy that upgraded firing pin I’d at least like to get one of those too.

Many people say it isn’t the greatest pinball game. That really isn’t accurate as it is a gun game, not a pinball. And, as a gun game it is fun. It is a physical version of Space Invaders. Better fit if you have other games to play as well. Not just shooting all the targets but you can use the movable shield too.

One thing I can say about it is that my friends enjoy it. One in particular kept reaching for the start button to try again. It adds a nice variety for those that come over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 199.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!