Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Colehvac1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The right flipper on my Power Play gradually gets weaker after a few flips and then eventually dies, it always works when I turn the machine off and then back on but then it will die again the same way. My best guess is a lose connection somewhere and that something will have to be re-soldered, but I'm looking for some affirmation on that so I dont just go re-soldering everything. Appreciate any input.

#2 8 years ago

Check the End of Stroke switch for good contact - some wiping action (the movement of both blades while closing) while still maintaining a good gap when open.

But more than likely, you have a cold solder on the male connector pins of J1 or J2 on the solenoid driver board in the head.

1 month later
#3 8 years ago

I'm having this problem with my Kiss machine, but I doubt it's a problem with the male pins on the J1 or J2, as my solenoid driver board is brand new. I'll try reseating those two connectors. Could just be a dirty female pin.

Charlie

#4 8 years ago

Clean the contacts on the flipper buttons. Also the EOS switches on the flipper coils. Good things to try 1st.........

3 weeks later
#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys. I tried reseating the connectors and I cleaned the contacts at the flipper buttons and EOS switches. Sometimes Im able to get a few games in with no issues, but then i get the same issues, flipper gets real weak and then just stops working, if I keep hitting the flipper button it'll flip occasionally but most of the time nothing. I havent tried resoldering anything yet.

#7 8 years ago

I had this problem with a Dolly Parton it ended up there was a solder joint cracked at the relay on the driver board, power play should be the same . It was behind the big plastic relay and you have to remove that board to reflow the solder, once I did that all was fine .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 179.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-power-play-flipper-dies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.