(Topic ID: 112235)

Bally Power Play restore and a SS "newbie"....

By slawnski

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2843.JPG
image-542.jpg
image.jpg
touchups.jpeg
108.JPG
105.JPG
022.JPG
055.JPG
076.JPG
093.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG
image.jpg
image-807.jpg
image-642.jpg
image-521.jpg
image.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Thanks dothedoo, I'm going to give it a go with no second roticeree- we'll see how well it goes- I'll post progress pics as I go. I did the final sand of the PF last night when I got back in town- I'll shoot the last coat of clear ( hopefully last coat) tonight. I'll post the outcome....

I need to get back into the El Toro restore - I've been picking at it as I work on PP but PP has eaten up alot of time-

After El Toro I have about 15 pins to choose from... might just grab a bingo to got through next....

Thanks for all the support here guys- gotta say I love this community!

#52 6 years ago

What MIGHT be the last coat sprayed tonight. I think I left some fuzz from the wiping cloth. I'll know tomorrow if it needs another sand out and re-sprayimage-542.jpgimage.jpg

#53 6 years ago

Scratch the idea of that being the last coat- checked tonight before I left for work and there are alot of pimples- my guess is from the cloth I used to wipe down the PF ( with 90% iso alchohol) before I sprayed the PF- ugh! Sand - out tonight and another coat. I'll hit it with a tac cloth this time after I wipe down. disappointed in myself for kinda rushing it last night...

Thought about trying to buff them out but not sure if that will take care of the issue or not- sighhhhh

#54 6 years ago

I did a slide job, as Dothedoo suggests, on a Frontier. Just as he said, everything pretty much lines up by itself.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Validpowerdetect:

I did a slide job, as Dothedoo suggests, on a Frontier. Just as he said, everything pretty much lines up by itself.

so I'm removing the ground wire as well- correct? The whole of the assembly slides onto the new ( replacement) PF backside? that would be simpler than what I had envisioned having to do. I'm assuming you remove the drop banks, up post assembly and flipper assemblies from the old PF before you do the slide? that's what I see myself doing- actually rebuilding the ones from the donor PF and re-installing.

I have a bit of time- during the last coat I ran out of 2K spray right as I finished- should have been a perfect scenario had the spray been consistent and even I might have been able to move on with having only used 3 cans. Now I need to sand again and then activate another can to spray again. Steep learning curve here but I think the effort is worth it. This means I waste a good amount of material in the next can... I need to find more stuff to clear....

#56 6 years ago

Unless you want to replace the lamp braid and sockets, yes, you need to pull all the staples too. You'll have to desolder the wires for the pop bumper lamps so you can remove all the topside parts for those mechs.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Unless you want to replace the lamp braid and sockets, yes, you need to pull all the staples too. You'll have to desolder the wires for the pop bumper lamps so you can remove all the topside parts for those mechs.

Will do- I think that will actually help keep everything a better together as I slide the onto the new PF

Finally finished with the last coat of clear this weekend- I really think it came out great!
IMG_2843.JPG

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Not hard to do and with the amount of time you spent on restoring the playfield why not go the extra mile!?!?

Quoted from slawnski:

Will do- I think that will actually help keep everything a better together as I slide the onto the new PF
Finally finished with the last coat of clear this weekend- I really think it came out great!
IMG_2843.JPG 316 KB

Looks reeeeaaaallll nice

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 149.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 159.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside