Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JBK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

This may have been addressed before, but I can't find it. I have a Bally Paragon and I cannot figure out the trick to pulling the light bulbs out of the sockets in the pop bumpers. All 4 of the pops are giving me the same problem, the bulb is very hard to turn, once it does come out and I install a new bulb it is very loose in the socket and only lights intermittently. I think the bulb being so hard to turn is causing something to bend out of place so when I install the new bulb it doesn't get good contact, but I'm not sure. I guess I could just put a dab of solder on there and fix it, but it doesn't seem like this should be so complicated. What am I missing here?

#2 9 years ago

No those sockets are a pain, often doing what you describe. you can try to reach in with needle nose and pulling/bending the lamp tip contact up. the outer base ring can also be tightened by squeezing with pliers as well. do it with a lamp installed.

lot of times it is just best to purchase new lamp sockets and replace.

#3 9 years ago

+1 on replacing all the sockets. They are a PIA to replace but make it much easier to maintain the machine. While your at it just replace the bumper skirts and bodies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-pop-bumper-sockets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.