Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin-it
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The "playmore" post on my Bally SpaceTime has a mind of it's own. I have worked my way through a few issues the previous owner considered 'fixes" and right now it works throughout ball play but does not go down/reset after each ball or between players or at end of game. It had been doing all these things but the issue was when in the down position it pulled down PAST the resting point and the coil held it there. It was so bad the ball could sit in it when in the down position. I found that the coil had been replaced with one that was stronger than the original. I put in the right sized coil and adjusted the DOWN POST relay mounted on the bottom of the playfield, it now goes up and down while the ball is in pay but as I mentioned does NOT reset properly.

ANY help is greatly appreciated, I feel like I fixed one problem and somehow created 3 others??!!?

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

adjusted the DOWN POST relay mounted on the bottom of the playfield, it now goes up and down while the ball is in pay but as I mentioned does NOT reset properly.

So your saying you replaced the coil and then adjusted the relay ,sounds like the relays contacts are too close/adjustment issue.
Also maybe the jones plug is dirty too.

#3 11 years ago

Not sure if you have schematics but on IPDB they have them under the heading Documentation, that will help you show what wires are associated with the up-post unit.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2262

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-playmore-post-issuehelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.