Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoCashValue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've got a '78 Bally Playboy that I'm fixing for a friend. The MPU was absolutely wrecked by acid damage, so I opted for a new Alltek Ultimate MPU. Even with the MPU installed, I still can't start a game.

- Power checks out
- MPU boots w/ the right amount of flashes and gives game sounds appropriately upon boot.
- switch test reveals that both the start button and the ball trough are registering hits
- coil test shows all coils working properly
- I tried with the board set to free play, and the board set to coin-up and neither work
- the game is not tilted and is lit up and goes through attract mode

I'm perplexed by this one. Everything points to it should start a game and kickout a ball, it just doesn't. Please help. Thanks!

#5 9 years ago

It did not register credits when I tripped the coin switch, but like I said, it registers the switches in switch test. I unplugged and replugged the connector for the coin door, with no change. Also, while I didn't repin every connector, I did repin the bottom left set.

I have not yet tried the memory clear function on the Alltek, I'll look into that. Thanks!

#10 9 years ago

Aaand... we're flippin'!

Problem was the J4 connector on the bottom right of the MPU. I reluctantly re-pinned that connector and it now works. Only have two issues left before she's 100% operational:

1. I can coin up and start a regular game, but when I set the Alltek to free play, it won't start again.

2. The backbox lights don't work. Well, actually the credit lamps and player lamps work, just none of the general illumination in the backbox. Any ideas?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoCashValue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-playboy-w-alltek-wont-start-game?tu=NoCashValue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.