• Latest reply 4 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playboy_DSW29-30.jpg
#1 4 years ago

I'm sure this is an easy one but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

When the ball passes over rollover lane switch 4 - the light above it and rollover lane 1 go out. Additionally the corresponding lights (1 and 4) light up in the Grotto. The same happens when rollover lane 1 is switched - Rollover lane 4 light goes out and the corresponding grotto lamps go on.

This same issue happens on rollover lanes 2 and 3. When one lane is rolled over, both lamps go off in the lane and both Grotto lamps come on.

I've repinned the connections and the switch test comes back good.

All other switches in that row are good as far as I know.

Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

After some troubleshooting, I don't feel it's a switch matrix issue. In order for it to be a matrix issue, there would need to be a normally closed and another closed switch with a bad diode. The machine doesn't have that many closed switches at one time. I could be wrong, but that's the current thought process.

https://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php?name=Bally_Playboy

#3 4 years ago

It's actually a game feature option that's controlled by dip switches 29 and 30 on the MPU board.

Playboy_DSW29-30.jpgPlayboy_DSW29-30.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Ha! I am simultaneously relieved that it is so simple and annoyed that I never thought to read the instructions.

I wonder how I'm going to spin this to the spouse

Thank you!

#5 4 years ago

Eh, just tell her you didn't realize it was a setting. I never liked the linked lanes thing either, I make sure to always turn it off on any of my games that have it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I never liked the linked lanes thing either, I make sure to always turn it off on any of my games that have it.

Yeah weird one huh. I guess I can see it has a little merit in 3 ball games if you have the key lane memory between balls disabled. But then why would you.
The left outlane on Playboy is brutal as it is.

#7 4 years ago

The answer to a lot of these types of complaints is 'play better'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-playboy-switch-matrix-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.