(Topic ID: 128055)

Bally Playboy Pinball Club! Owners and Playboy Lovers Welcome!

By MrBellMan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 495 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by kmart00
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2350 (resized).jpeg
DB1052DD-13E5-4B1F-B85A-CC0FE3F5F854 (resized).jpeg
FE2218FD-4C52-4735-B08A-0CFFF4A94180 (resized).jpeg
620A9BDA-4654-4B4A-8B2C-26AC60A4F243 (resized).jpeg
A0E28C90-D2A4-4C1A-806F-D2CB37055FF4 (resized).jpeg
BCB15965-C3C8-4C93-A1DD-98586D1E2F8D (resized).jpeg
3E071B11-2CBA-4F32-BE43-30247F425E06 (resized).jpeg
32B6557A-8645-4AAC-AD1F-61BDA518EECC (resized).jpeg
A2D3B585-EF64-4255-98CA-EB3BE46593B0 (resized).jpeg
20220916_113343 (resized).jpg
Playboy3 (resized).jpg
Playboy2 (resized).jpg
Playboy1 (resized).JPG
received_628608415534701 (resized).jpeg
received_473740821297068 (resized).jpeg
received_743850470026248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 2 years ago

Good Job!
when you get more depth and dimension of ramps, a roticery is super necessary. How many hours do you think you put in to it. I am sure you can see that every time you do another your skill level grows exponentially.
I replaced the pf I sold to you with one that cost me more than I sold yours! (5 years of college. econ/finance degrees)
Now I have to do the swap on my game. I have all 3 playboys, although after watching some of the documentary on playboy, I am not especially proud of it. At least larry flint didnt act like he was liberating women. There was very little difference between the 2 men as far as their impact on women. As for the impact on men, I was given a script to playboy for a year while in college (aprox 1988). After 2 issues I stopped opening them and right to the trash. I prefered the victorias secret catalogue (less cheezy). There is a great idea for a pin!

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Thank you kruzman. Enjoyed doing it and learning. Don’t think that I would entertain the idea of a game with ramps. Just gets too complex and the desire is not there. I have always wanted one of these machines and now that my kids are older it was on the to-do list.
As for Hugh Hefner and what he has allegedly done to women, not ao much in agreement there. One if the girls that was close to him, Holly, came out after he passed and had all this crap to say about how awful it was blah, blah, blah! Sorry don’t buy it. If things were so bad leave. Hell in LA there are plenty of places where one can go even if they have nothing. Don’t mean to be whatever here but shit, what kind of stuff do you think went on at the Playboy Mansion? Scripture readings. No it was all about sex, drugs and whatever. If that is not a scene you want to be involved with than simply don’t involve yourself and opt out. Don’t, however, take all the benefits from such an experience and then at the end say how awful it was. Bullshit.
Personally the drug scene is something I have always stayed away from by choice. Dont do it and have all the fun etc and then ten years later say how awful it was to me. Choices people. No victims. How about personal accountability. Personal responsibility. Not very popular concepts these days!
Back to more important stuff. Game is going well. Working out the bugs. Think I have a really frocked up MPU and have ordered an Alltek. The green led stays on solid and I have read that when this happens a whole slew of things could be wrong. The board is nearly fifty years old. Time to go though I will keep it with the game.
Really enjoyed the experience. Glad that I did it and thank you Ron for the playfield. Without that there would have been no point as the original was not so great

You will love that altec board. I have always had a problem with the BR /power board in the bally and stern games. they are always cobbeled together, and they are no fun to mount in the head on the ballys.
I will never forget when harry williams said :" if i would have known people were going to keep them longer than 3 years, I would have built them a lot cheaper"

I have a lot of 1950's thru 1990 HI FI and lo fi equipment, and after 20 years first thing I do is replace all of the capacitors, and resoldier most all connections. I think you are doing half the job if you restore a game like you did and dont upgrade the electronics. Plus who wants to wrench on it after you got it all perfect?!
Great work. As for the playboy mansion, I agree with all you said. I lived in LA from 91 to 94, and no one was against their will at the mansion. It was hefs friends that got his throw aways, and had their own mini mansions, that really doped up chicks, black mailed them, all kinds of crap. although if they would have stayed in pigs-knuckle AR, they wouldnt have had to worry about getting ruffied by bill cosby. I learned a lot of lessons the hard way also. I totally dont buy the one womans gripe who didnt become an executive at playboy... after being a centerfold. Only because she was a woman. That one cracked me up. On one hand show the goods to make a quick buck, but then get mad because you are not considered executive material. But whatever. I actually dont want to make any political statement of any kind on the net, and especially on pinside, except that I am holding out for bush to come back in style!

1 week later
#370 1 year ago

In my opinion the colors used on Playboy's pf and cab, really look bad with an average amount of wear for the era. many other games with similar wear are fine by me, like globetrotters, or 6mdm, but playboy just looks unacceptable to me without getting restored. I would love to be able to take a week off work and do mine.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunfisch:

When renovating my Playboy, I used a real clear white and a real dark magenta. Not beause I am sure it is historically corrext, but just because I like it
[quoted image]

Looks really good.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from GPS:

Wanted to pass along something that I learned today from You Tube and Joes Pinball Repair. The sound board was producing a humming sound quite noticeably that synced with the new LED displays when they were blinking in attract mode. Cutting to the chase, what got rid of this was to isolate the sound board from the backbox ground. Just used a couple nylon spacers so that the grounds on the board would not contact the backbox ground. Solved, totally. Hopefully this may be helpful to others with a similar issue.

I have had this happen on my home HIFI equipment. I have tube amps and pre amp. I even have a CD player with a digital to analogue converter tube board. Any time you have a hum, its almost always a ground problem. There are a couple different ground probs, but at least I know where to start. Sometimes a sound board just needs its own ground line. The nylon spacers were a great idea and use of something on hand.

#377 1 year ago

I wanted to post that the pure white on the cab, ties in to your lighting as well as the polished rails, and the mirror on the BG. Looks perfect. perfect!
does it play as good as it looks?

#380 1 year ago

There is nothing that compares with perfection. You should be proud of your work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 199.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-playboy-pinball-club-all-owners-and-playboy-lovers-welcome?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.