Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by TZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 days ago

I have a Playboy I'm reassembling and it is blowing the 10A (sw. illumination) fuse F1 on the rectifier board. While trouble shooting I noticed that I'm also getting ground at TP1 on the rectifier board with J3 connected (J1 and J2 removed). No ground when all connectors are removed. Is this correct?

#2 7 days ago
Quoted from TZ:

No ground when all connectors are removed. Is this correct?

If the game has incandescent lamps then you will measure around zero ohms to ground at TP1.
Incandescent lamps have very low resistance and lots of them in parallel reduces the resistance.
Inspect the stapled braid wires behind the door/display door to see if there's a short to something else. From memory it can happen on the lower corner of the door where the Game Over lamps are if the socket tab touches the metal door rest in the head that's grounded.

#3 7 days ago

If F1 doesn't blow with J1 and J3 disconnected (only J2 connected on rectifier board), power off and reconnect J1 (playfield) and J3 (backbox) one at a time to narrow it down.

#4 6 days ago

Thanks for the responses. After additional trouble shooting, I discovered when I re-pinned the J1 connector J1 I switched the blue and green wires. Rookie mistake, switched them back and works great.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside