• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kent_Diego
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally Display Hum Fix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwantansi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I installed Xpin displays in to a Playboy. If you look at video below, you can hear a buzzing that is in sync with the blinking displays.

Ive replaced C23, C24, C26 and voltage regulator on solenoid board and C17 on sound board.

If I disconnect all the displays the buzzing sound goes away, hookup even one of the Xpin display and the buzzing sound comes back.If i go back to the original plasma displays - i get no buzzing sound at all.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Alot of the early solid state games do this even with the original displays. Make sure ground strap is connected to the head ground braid, Make sure the lamp driver board has the 2 screw secure to ground the board to the mounting brackets. Actually all the boards should be grounded to the head. If that doesn't work, try removing cab ground from speaker. On some games I could never completely eliminate it.

If I put all the original displays back this game is dead quiet - I've never heard an early Bally be this buzzy.

I played around with the ground strap making sure it was making a good connection to the ground plane - no difference.

#5 8 years ago

Anyone else? - I am totally stumped on this issue - Bought X-Pin displays because the originals were all crapped out

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I know this does not sound like a good fix, but I also had a Playboy with a bad buzz. Try dismounting the sound board from the back box mount and see if the buzz stops. It did on mine. I then insulated the board from the back box mounts.

Tried it - no change

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Try contacting xpin tech support. I think they are the old Pinscore makers and they had great tech support.

I've spoken with him and hes never seen/heard of this issue

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iwantansi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-playboy-buzzing-sound?tu=iwantansi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.