Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Brewchap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

The 100's digit just went out on the 3 & 4 displays. Moving the displays around and all the digit works. Could this be a bad PIA?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Could this be a bad PIA?

No. Bad PIA would cause it to happen on every display.

Quoted from Brewchap:

Moving the displays around and all the digit works.

So moving the displays around fixed it? Or are you saying the displays themselves work in other positions but the problem stays at whatever display is at players 3 and 4?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

So moving the displays around fixed it? Or are you saying the displays themselves work in other positions but the problem stays at whatever display is at players 3 and 4?

Yes, problem stays at whatever display is at players 3 & 4

#4 4 years ago

I have been reading that the displays are daisy chained. So it this is the case, maybe I got a broken wire?

#5 4 years ago

Check the crimps on P3 and P4 position. Each digit has a digit enable crimp. I think it's pin 6&7. Here's a schematic. https://www.pinitech.com/retrofit/schematics.php

Headed pins Sol joints get cracked on these too. Not as likely here as the problem went away in the new position

#6 4 years ago

I found a bad crimp on pin 7 at the credit/match display! I didn't notice until I did a display test that the 100's digit was missing on the credit/match display. Started looking there and found that I could make the digit appear and disappear by moving the wires around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-playboy-100-s-digit-out-on-3-amp-4-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.