New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 123295)

Bally pins with spinners

By Madmax541

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Madmax541
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GoldBall2-BallyMidway1983.JPG
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

What bally early SS pins have great spinners and drop targets?
Playing night rider tonight and enjoying the spinner and drops.

#2 5 years ago

Evel Kenievel for the win. Drops, spinners, hot girls with tight shirts.

#3 5 years ago

Flash Gordon! Xenon is another.

#4 5 years ago

Harlem Globetrotters and Paragon - spinners and inline drops!

#5 5 years ago

Evel Kneivel is a great game, wish I still had mine. Been looking for one.

Flash Gordon is great but requires a different way to play ball control

#6 5 years ago

I meant too take a pic of the spinners and drop targets, but I got distracted.

image.jpg
#7 5 years ago

EK does have great spinners drops and art work

#8 5 years ago

Viking, Mystic, Fathom, Harlem GT, Paragon....

#9 5 years ago

Medusa! I have to find me one of these.

#10 5 years ago

Bon Voyage is not solid state, but has one of the best spinners Bally ever had. It was also their first.

#11 5 years ago

Gold Ball as a nice spinner on the left. It really keeps things interesting as it has a dual function of racking up points per rotation, but it also moves the arrows in the center with each spin too one spot to the right. It ends up randomizing where it will stop like a wheel of fortune gameshow wheel. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it just doesn't since you may just need to hit one more get the extra ball (Gold Ball) to pop up (if you're using the Bally Service Kit or Home ROM v12 which I am.)

You can't make it out well since it's a straight down look at things, but it's there on the left. I really need to retake that picture since I just put a few hours smoothing and polishing the field using Novus products this afternoon/early evening. Game moves like a bat out of hell now unlike before.

GoldBall2-BallyMidway1983.JPG
#12 5 years ago

Hotdoggin has drops and spinner.... the spinner is pretty useless though.

#13 5 years ago

Supersonic; because it's super awesome!

#14 5 years ago

Future Spa....
Spinners, drop targets, & HOT BABES!

#15 5 years ago

Six million dollar man two spinners

Only games that come to mind with two spinners at FG 6M$M NR for bally

#16 5 years ago

KISS has two spinners too.

#17 5 years ago

Freedom!!

#18 5 years ago

Elektra has 2 as well..

#20 5 years ago

Looking to identify Bally pins that have drop targets and 2 spinners that are so much fun to hit you keep shooting for spinners.
Elektra might have 2 spinner but not really fun to play in my view.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Looking to identify Bally pins that have drop targets and 2 spinners that are so much fun to hit you keep shooting for spinners.

What about Stern? Very similar to Bally. Big Game has two amazing spinners and lots of drops that advance bonus points. It is very hard to hit either spinner consistently, but super satisfying. Also very difficult to max out bonus.

#22 5 years ago

Absolutely open to stern, big game is fun pin
Key is it got to be a lot of fun to keep hitting that spinner.

Playing Night Rider the other night was a blast, only two other pins come to mind that have symmetrical spinners 6M$M and Evel Kneivel

Any one selling an Evel Kneivel miss the one I sold a while back.

#23 5 years ago

Check this. It is very hard, but possible to rip one spinner, then gain control of the ball quickly and then rip the other spinner and have them both scoring at the same time. Pretty awesome. Need to have the spinners dialed in though. But that is a given.

#24 5 years ago

STAR GAZER!!!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I'd recommend Mystic.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

I'd recommend Mystic.

You hit the nail on the head.
Great simple layout

Does anyone have one for sale?
Will be at pinfest next month

#27 5 years ago

Meteor
Nineball
Stargazer

#28 5 years ago

How about eight ball? Spinner on left orbit can rack up major points when lit for 1000 and adjusted properly....

#29 5 years ago

Three spinner's on Harlem, does any other pin have that many ?
And of course the inline drops, only used on a hand full of games.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

You crazy foo. Elektra is da bomb! She's better then most of the games you mentioned. Two spinners, in line drops, three playfields. Once you learn the rules, it's a masterpiece.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You crazy foo. Elektra is da bomb! She's better then most of the games you mentioned. Two spinners, in line drops, three playfields. Once you learn the rules, it's a masterpiece.

Better then Flash Gordon, I don't think so.

#32 5 years ago

Too many great Ballys with drops and spinners. We can debate all day and if you throw in classic Stern, you have a battle royale.

I'd go with Flash Gordon for Bally. The Globetrotters does have three spinners but many fewer drops.

Star Gazer for Stern. Nine ball and Catacomb are awesome but only one spinner.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Better then Flash Gordon, I don't think so.

Yes much better then Flash Gordon IMO. I couldn't get into FG, too slow and the ball couldn't make it up the ramp half the time. But these are all just opinions anyway arnt they? There is no "real" answer, just what people beleive themselves. And for Stern, yes Catacomb is a cerebral masterpiece, like unlocking a puzzle before the time runs out.

#34 5 years ago

Some good dialogue on classics.
Absolutely no real answer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
$ 90.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside