• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I am in the process of restoring a Pinball Wizard. I noticed that my play field is signed by Greg Kimec in two places. Did he sign many? Also looking for some help with getting it up and running. I am in New Hampshire. Machine has some kick out hole problems and score motor does not seem to reset to start position unless I manually turn it.
Thanks
Doomer

#2 6 years ago

With the Play Field tilted up inspect the bottom of the kick out holes, there will be a plastic trim. Check that this piece is not sagging or broken.
Check that the switch contacts for the kickout holes is clean and adjusted properly.
Look closely at the tip of the kickout hole actuator assembly, basically the very tip that strikes the ball.
Is it sharp? Gentle filing or replacement may be necessary.
Is it bent? Straighten with pliers or a vise (must be removed from the machine).
Clean or replace the coil sleeves. Align and tighten the coil mount.
LIGHT lube of a medium thickness at the pivot sleeve for the arm.
Of course,inspect the wires firing the coil and any possible shorts in the area.

#3 6 years ago

the score motor "index contact" should be the top one closest to the score motor

tighten the stack, clean and adjust that switch , it should be closed until the notch in the cam opens it

#4 6 years ago

So I tightened the stack and cleaned the switches. Kickout still does not activate. Coil(second from the left) on the bank of coils under the play field activates as does the lock out coil in the coin door when i depress the kickout switch. Also noticed some unattached wires on the score motor?? Ball count unit does not seem to count down ball in play when I depress the kickout switch.

#5 6 years ago

Unattached wires in that area is normal. Don't ask me why.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

Well I feel better. Thanks

3 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

Okay got some help with the game last night. Score motor needed a good lube. Game is playable and almost 100%. Just need to figure why the flip flags are not flipping and resetting correctly. Flag #3 does not seem to respond at all. All coils seem energized and working. Main coil does seem to reset all flags but not when you pass over the rollovers. Not sure how these are suppose to reset. Any help would be appreciated.

Also no matter how may times you press the credit button it subtracts credits even when the machine has reached 4 players.
Thanks
Doomer

#8 6 years ago

Hey I'm the guy that visited Doomer & his Wizard!.

The score motor was very sluggish and had the proper voltage applied to it. I was going to disassemble to clean it but it was riveted together. The product I used was "Super Lube All Purpose Oil" https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4499 only pouring some into armatures shaft hole. after running a few time it was working pretty good.

That got it so we had a playable game.

the player up unit was sluggish as well and Super Lube synthetic grease was used on the hub & rivets after using "the magic brush" treatment (dremel tool with wire brush)

I was getting fatigued and couldn't wrap my head around the flags. I recall the number 3 target was the only one that worked properly. it would flip ONLY when the standup target called it to flip and would un-flip when the ball was rolled-over the right lane

#1 would flip and unflip with the standup it would also unflip with the right rollover
#2 would flip with the standup and wouldn't unflip with right rollover
#3 again would flip with the standup and only unflip with the right rollover
#4 would flip with standup and not unflip with right rollover

the schematic was there but again I was tired the manual would probably describe the order of operations (relay/score motor-wise).

I didn't look at the "coin count" stepper unit for dirty contacts and would suspect that's where the credit situation lies

It is a beautiful game and was glad to help get it to where it is play-wise. was also a pleasure to meet Doomer I think you will be able to get this machine dialed in nicley.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-pinball-wizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.