Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cfh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22 (resized).PNG
    #1 4 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe is firing the 1 ball target instead of the outhole. Looking at the manual, I see that pin 12 on J5 of the solenoid driver board is for "1,9 drop target or outhole". So it's firing the wrong one.

Any ideas? Thanks

22 (resized).PNG22 (resized).PNG

#2 4 years ago

Is the wiring in correct order on that coil?If there are diodes on that coil they would have to be tested with meter

#3 4 years ago

Check the connector on the SDB that tells which tells which solenoid to fire. I think it’s J4, on the upper left side. You may not be getting the correct digital signal.

#4 4 years ago

Lower right connector on the MPU need to be rebuilt/repinned

#5 4 years ago

Actually it's the lower LEFT connector on the MPU (specifically to the top 4 pins) that needs checked (not lower right as stated above).
    Also the Middle Right connector on the solenoid driver board (it's the smaller of the two right side SDB connectors).

as a quick test, pull those two connectors and just run some worn out or 400 grit sand paper across the male pins. Re-installed the connectors and re-boot. Tell us if things have changed...

Also under the playfield (assuming playfield lifted and on prop rod) at the upper left is the solenoid expander board. remove that board and check for cracked male solder joints on the board. also make sure the 555 lamp, right next to the board, is good

#6 4 years ago

The outhole is controlled by the solenoid expander Board. Check to make sure it’s working. Put the game in lamp test and see if the lamp under the playfield and the expander relay are going on and off. You can hear the relay clicking if it’s workin.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Put the game in lamp test and see if the lamp under the playfield and the expander relay are going on and off.

Wow, I didn't notice until you said this, but none of my controlled lamps are working either. related?

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

as a quick test, pull those two connectors and just run some worn out or 400 grit sand paper across the male pins. Re-installed the connectors and re-boot. Tell us if things have changed...

nothing changed after this.

#9 4 years ago

If the controlled lamps aren’t working then the solenoid expander isn’t working. That’s why DT 1 is activated instead of the outhole.

#10 4 years ago

Trouble shoot the lamp driver board, check fuses, etc.

#11 4 years ago

if none of the controlled lamps are working, it's for sure a fuse or fuse clip issue. if the fuse blows again, might be the bridge rectifier. it's a simple circuit. transfomer to rectifier board through bridge to playfield cpu controlled buss line (6 volts.)

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

if none of the controlled lamps are working, it's for sure a fuse or fuse clip issue. if the fuse blows again, might be the bridge rectifier.

Thanks for the help so far, everyone!

I tested all the fuses and they are all good. Tested the fuse clips for continuity with the good fuses in them too. They test fine. I have a new altek MPU in the game too. Bridge rectifier tests good as well.

#13 4 years ago

Check if you have 5 volts on the lamp driver. I I think it’s test point 1 or 2. Ground TP is marked on the board

#14 4 years ago

I would just test the 6 volts power buss on the bottom of the playfield. it's the naked wire that travels to each cpu controlled light. with your dmm set to dc volts, black dmm lead to ground, red lead on that buss wire... you should get 6 volts. if you don't, you have either a bad fuse (or i guess bad bridge), or a bad connector.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-pinball-firing-wrong-solenoids-eight-ball-deluxe-help?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.