You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
2b4c3471a1aade343cac58d7636c29b79f0bdaf6.png (resized).jpg
94a2ef317ad3115f3d9c999ca2ba5b1ad7d2fd00.png (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Game was playing fine, then one day flipped it on and it will not boot.

I am getting the first flicker, followed by flashes 1, 2, and 3. I am not getting the 4, 5, 6, and 7th flash.

94a2ef317ad3115f3d9c999ca2ba5b1ad7d2fd00.png (resized).jpg94a2ef317ad3115f3d9c999ca2ba5b1ad7d2fd00.png (resized).jpg

I am using a new altek MPU, and even swapped in another altek MPU and got the same results. (on one MPU the "Over voltage" red led stayed on, on the other it did not come on)

I also swapped in a known working bridge rectifier boad and solenoid board with no change in behavior.

Here are my test results for the Bridge rectifier board

TP1 - 7.7 VDC
TP2 - 186 VDC
TP3 - 16.03
TP4 - 6.3 VAC
TP5 - 45 VDC

Here is what the values should be.

2b4c3471a1aade343cac58d7636c29b79f0bdaf6.png (resized).jpg2b4c3471a1aade343cac58d7636c29b79f0bdaf6.png (resized).jpg

Although these values are not technically correct, I have been playing the game fine and I believe these were the readings I have gotten before.

I also tested the TP's on the Solenoid Driver board. Here are my results

TP1 - 5.2
TP2 - 135
TP3 - 5.1
TP4 - 188
TP5 - 15.95

Here is what they should be:
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

The MPU does not have 5 volts after the 3rd flash.

I repinned every connector on the Solenoid Driver Board (and most on the MPU), but nothing changed.

What should I check next? I am stumped. Thank you!

#2 6 years ago

Does the MPU boot 6 flashes on the bench?

#3 6 years ago

I just put the MPU in a different game and it booted. So it's not the MPU itself

#4 6 years ago

Ok I have now repinned every connection on both the MPU and the solenoid driver board. Nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

#5 6 years ago

Is there maybe a specific connector on the Rectifier Board that I should take a closer look at? I really thought repinning all of the connectors on the MPU and SD board would change something.

#6 6 years ago

Just tested the points on the rectifier board again and as I was testing, a solenoid was attempting to fire. Is that (semi) normal? Wasn't happening before.

#7 6 years ago

Can I get a mod to place this thread in the correct spot? The SS tech sub forum. Thanks!

Also, while testing TP5 on the solenoid driver board just now, the same solenoid fires as when testing on the BR board. Weird.

#8 6 years ago

Now I have 0 volts on TPs on the SD board

Noob question: where does the voltage come into the solenoid driver board?

#9 6 years ago

I don't know. The voltage seems to come and go at the solenoid driver board. When the voltage is reading 0, I can get pull on the wires and it jumps back to normal.

Still though, even when I have voltage at SDB, the game will not boot?

Anyone have any clues??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-pinball-embryon-not-booting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.