Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0810 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0809 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0808 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1826 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1828 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1829 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1830 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4264 (resized).jpg
    DSCN5161 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5170 (resized).JPG
    20160406_204258 (resized).jpg
    row3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3660 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    20161126_222622 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I'm a huge Bally pinball fan of these years. Xenon & most of the speech era pins in 81 & 82 are some of the best early electronic pins. The earlier pins are also good. Bally seemed to produce on average 3 out of 4 titles, that were good to great over the years. Lots of replacement parts, & they were mass produced compared to the other manufacturers. I have owned & worked on hundreds of them. Over the last 20 years I have noticed that the value has tripled or better over the years. So the lucky people that bought before Ebay, etc. have a great, & enjoyable investment to play/enjoy.

#2 7 years ago

I am the proud owner of a fully restored Skateball with an NOS Bally playfield installed and a very nice original Flash Gordon. Two top playing games and very solid quality from that era. I'm very happy with them and don't see either one going anywhere.

#3 7 years ago

I agree and have a Paragon, Space Invaders, Rollingstones, XENON, Elektra, EBD and love them all.

#4 7 years ago

I cut my teeth as a kid, on new Bally digitals. Being in 7th grade in 1977-78, was the perfect time, and every 7-11 in my town had 2 pinball machines in them. Eight Ball & Mata Hari are especially fond memories. I have an Eight Ball, that I lent to my daughter, which appears to be on permanent loan now. Can't blame her.

#5 7 years ago

On the lookout for old Bally machines. Especially want a Rolling Stones and a Frontier. I was 12 in 78 and the "new" digital displays and killer artwork are burned in my memory..........

#6 7 years ago

Agree, great games with a pretty reliable and easy to understand control system. I have Centaur, Ebd, and eight ball.

#7 7 years ago

My favorite time in pinball history because it coincided with my youth and Ballys were everywhere. Like Seeburg220 said every 7-11 had at least one pin, bowling alleys, auto repair shops. It was GLORIOUS! Thanks for the memories John and the EBD playfield you just rescued for me. Here's my Bally lineup waiting for Flash Gordon to join the group when I get her up and running. One of these things is not like the others...
    20161126_222622 (resized).jpg20161126_222622 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Might have just sold my Bally's today. Pending buyer coming Monday to pick up.

#9 7 years ago

Yup. Elektra, Mr Ms Pacman, EBD, Fathom, Harlem over here. I've had a lot of them over the last 10 years.

#10 7 years ago

Yep!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Recently got back a Harlem and received my Pinball Pimp stencils.The cabinet gets repainted early in the new year (not by me).

Skateball,Frontier,Mystic are some of the titles I'd like to have.Quite rare to see nice examples for sale in Australia.Very happy with what i have so I'm grateful.

IMG_3660 (resized).JPGIMG_3660 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

Some of the best Pins are from this time frame IMO.. Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Medusa, Paragon. I even love Embryon. I want them all.

#13 7 years ago

Got's to looooovvveee.....those older Bally's.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

row3 (resized).jpgrow3 (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Nice pic John.Bally pinball of that era is why I'm into it.

#15 7 years ago

This era of Bally machines stacks up well to any other era....actually would be tough to beat. I currently have Paragon, Flash Gordon, and EBD...my wishlist is packed with mostly Ballys from this timeframe too.

Fantastic art and unique layouts. Love these classic Ballys

#16 7 years ago

20160406_204258 (resized).jpg20160406_204258 (resized).jpg

Any pinball machine with a cb radio is vintage 1970's. Love the Bally games. And they are much harder to find and much more expensive than in 1996 when I started this madness.

#17 7 years ago

this is probably going to sound stupid, but the one thing that has always stood out for me on the older bally's, is the start button. I have been around pins and vid's since the late 70's/early 80's. I was 8 in 80. I don't remember very many games specifically, but always recognized the bally start button. I am now just trying to determine which one i want to add to my lineup.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Nice pic John.Bally pinball of that era is why I'm into it.

Exactly the same here. EBD started all this madness for me a long time ago. I actually bought my first couple of Ballys from John G back in the 90s.

#19 7 years ago

I must like them
    Eightball
    Playboy
    Star Trek (third game)
    Xenon
    Flash Gordon
    Medusa
    X's & O's

#20 7 years ago

There are many fun Bally solid state threads open -- the more the merrier...

Make sure you have this one in your favorites for staying on top of the latest tech/parts help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club ===> [x] favorite

-mof

#21 7 years ago

This thread was very inspiring.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/80s-respect-thread-share-your-pics

Guess I'll warm these up now.

DSCN5170 (resized).JPGDSCN5170 (resized).JPG

DSCN5161 (resized).JPGDSCN5161 (resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago

Love classic Bally games! This was my collection June of last year!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

IMG_4264 (resized).jpgIMG_4264 (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

Oh how I envy you, nice arcade.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Love classic Bally games! This was my collection June of last year!
    Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

And they all play great too

1 month later
    #25 7 years ago

This era for me is the golden era for pinball, and Bally had the best art/play combo within it. I've had Fathom, Medusa, Flash Gordon, Centaur, Voltan, Strikes and Spares, Frontier, and from the other manufacturers - Black Knight, Black Hole, and Seawitch. Most I paid under/around 700. They are the best. Now I just have Centaur, but soon I'll have room to build back up. Going to be more of a challenge this time around, given the price increase from the early aughts.

#26 7 years ago

The best era for pins and the best time for arcades. These are the games I mowed peoples lawn, shoveled snow, trimmed hedges, moved peoples furniture, cleaned garages and anything else I could do to get money to play as a kid. As an adult I was lucky and bought many of these games in the early 2000's. Most my games were packed in storage for over 10 years See my Time capsule thread for more pictures. Moved a few over to my house last year. Now time to get these baby's back to their former glory.

IMG_1830 (resized).JPGIMG_1830 (resized).JPG

IMG_1829 (resized).JPGIMG_1829 (resized).JPG

IMG_1828 (resized).JPGIMG_1828 (resized).JPG

IMG_1827 (resized).JPGIMG_1827 (resized).JPG

IMG_1826 (resized).JPGIMG_1826 (resized).JPG

#27 7 years ago

Nice! My only entry is a Flash Gordon but i would love some more. So many are great and worth owning, but I think #1 on my list is EBD...that's a must own for me. I'll get one someday.

#28 7 years ago

A first timer here just scored a Nitro Ground Shaker. I see very few of these the last 20 years. 6 hour road trip to help him out. Still need to do some minor stuff, & replace a display. I would leave original & not install a new playfield. Backglass has minor damage at bottom, & came with new Ultimate mpu & driver boards.

IMG_0808 (resized).JPGIMG_0808 (resized).JPG

IMG_0809 (resized).JPGIMG_0809 (resized).JPG

IMG_0810 (resized).JPGIMG_0810 (resized).JPG

#29 7 years ago

I've even played a fancy Multiball Nitro Groundshaker...kind of cool

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-pinball-1978-1982 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.