Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5AAC4973-7C77-47C7-89A7-DE6FB9470039 (resized).jpeg
    canoin23032020 016 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rikoshay:

off topic a little, and not meaning to hijack your thread jeffthanksyou but i have read a few times about this 'buzzer' in various machines.
    i just checked inside my Bally Old Chicago and sure enough there is a screw hole just under the ball roll tilt and two thick yellow wires joined together and a white/red wire at the bottom.
    so at some point my OC had one and it was removed
    now to find a suitable replacement?

Make that two of us.. I was looking at this and lo and behold mine is missing as well... geezus.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffThanksYou:

Rikoshay/Domo - you both have helped me out recently with some maintenance items- so thanks again. My brother has a Capt. Fantastic (same era as OC) and his has the buzzer which is kind of fun when you roll over 100k and the backglass lights up too. My circuitry is perfectly working- and I have a buzzer that I cant figure out how to use- and you both don't have the buzzers.....Zaphod was kind enough
    to post a link to an old Williams Buzzer - wonder if the voltage/specs are the same?

Williams and Bally use different voltages for coils - Bally is 50V while Williams changed to 30V in the early 60s I believe. Same reason coils from these manufacturers aren't interchangeable without issue.

#13 3 years ago

Assuming an aftermarket 6v AC buzzer could be found could it work? (likely a modern black plastic sort of thing) Obviously not going to look the part but the intent is to get the "buzz" along with the backglass light(s)- not gonna look great but its really not seen as its under the playfield.

I just bought one of these (haven't received it yet)... longest URL I have ever seen:

ebay.com link: Simplex Small Buzzer 4000 12 120 VAC 50 60 Hz 597B For Appliances

#20 3 years ago

That's what I should have ordered. I was thinking the buzzer was on the 50V bus, so ordered a 50VAC buzzer; my guess 6V won't drive it, we shall see.

1 week later
    #22 3 years ago

FWIW - I took a leap of faith and got one of these - works quite well.

Awesome, thanks for letting everyone know this is an excellent option for Bally over the toppers!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-over-the-top-buzzer-question?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.