(Topic ID: 197281)

Bally or Williams? Which was your top manufacturer?

By Ordinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Milltown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ordinal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Both companies made some excellent machines, and their merger only made them stronger.

But, I'm curious, who was your "money-maker" of the duo?

I cannot deny that Williams had some fantastic and persisting ideas. Games like Taxi, Medieval Madness, Funhouse, the Pinbot series, and High Speed still live on the the hearts of many to this day. Star Trek: The Next Generation is getting the most playtime out of me, personally.

However, in my opinion, Bally was the true king of Pinball. The Addams Family was one of the top sellers of all time, and even got me into playing pinball. The Twilight Zone is one of the most beloved machines ever created. Attack from Mars, Theater of Magic, and Safecracker are also highly regarded.

So, I must ask; in your opinion, which of these two were the powerhouse behind the Bally/Williams brand?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Neither. Gottlieb

Wow, I had no idea Gottlieb was merged into B/W. Learn something new every day...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ordinal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-or-williams-which-was-your-top-manufacturer?tu=ordinal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.