Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by nightfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

This is a 4 player game. Player #1 over scores on the 10,000 score reel.

I had this exact same problem recently on player #3. On that one, I noticed the 1000 reel was sticking as the #9 came around. I adjusted the reel and it has worked fine since.

No such luck on player #1. I have done the same thing, and more. But, it still runs up the score as the 1000 wheel comes up to zero, the 10,000 reel over scores. So now I am trying to figure out if it could be an electrical problem, as opposed to a mechanical problem like the #3 player used to be?
I don't see what that could be just looking at the schematic.

#2 1 year ago

It might be that the 9 position switch, which forwards the pulse from the 1k to the 10k score reel, doesn't have enough tension when closed. If it bounces instead of staying firmly closed it might break the pulse into several shorter pulses.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

Mark,
Thanks for the tip. It seemed logical, I just never ran across that before.
I fooled around with the gap and tension on that for a while, and it appears I got it where it needs to be.

Thanks again,
Walt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-old-chicago-score-reel-over-scores and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.