Old Chicago Jones Plugs04a (resized).jpg
Old Chicago Fuse Bottom02a (resized).jpg
Old Chicago Alternator Relay01 (resized).jpg
Old Chicago hack (resized).jpg
Old Chicago Fuses01a (resized).jpg
Old Chicago Jones Plugs01a (resized).jpg
Old Chicago Jones Plugs02 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

The fuse holders appear fine but do you have the correct voltage on both ends? Tried wiggling the playfield connectors?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Does something actually run thru the Delay relay?
[quoted image]

What do you mean?

#14 5 years ago

If you're getting 0v on ones you know work then you must be measuring wrong. One lead should be I'm the yellow common wire from the transformer

#26 5 years ago

The alternator controls the pop bumper and lane lights. It should be engaged half the time, alternating when you hit 10 point switches like the side rubbers up top.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipS:

The thing is I'm not playing the game. I have the playfield up and was just checking the light situation. I should add that the buzzing from the relay isn't new - has been happening intermittently as I've been figuring out the playfield light issue. I've yet to play even a single ball. Just fired it up, knocked down the targets with my finger - that's how I noticed they weren't resetting properly.
I've been searching other posts - most seem to suggest buzzing comes from something loose in the relay, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.
Any ideas about the drop target(s) dropping upon reset?

If you start a game there's a 50/50 chance that the alternator will be active. Buzzing can come from misadjusted switches putting too much pressure away for the coil, or from the coil / plate being worn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-old-chicago-no-playfield-lights?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.