You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Well, I lucked into an old Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Things have been going great until a few das ago, the machine powers up but wont take a credit and reset. Any ideas on where to start? I'm new to EM games. Id like to get this thing working again. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from AKWoody:

Well, I lucked into an old Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Things have been going great until a few das ago, the machine powers up but wont take a credit and reset. Any ideas on where to start? I'm new to EM games. Id like to get this thing working again. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by "wont take a credit". Have you tried setting the Credit unit stepper to 2 or 3 and then pressing the reset button?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
1 week later
#3 5 years ago

When I hit the "start" button nothing happens. There are credits on the credit wheel. I've tried manually moving the credit relay and nothing happened there either.

#4 5 years ago

Here's the startup sequence from the manual. If you'd like more detail from me, I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6) because the schematic on IPDB is broken into multiple pages, making it too hard to read.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#5 5 years ago

Does the score motor complete a 180° cycle if you start to rotate one of the cams?

Is the fuse and fuseholder for the 50 VAC circuit good? Those fuseholders are pretty crappy and should be replaced.. But, if the Lock Relay is energized, we know you have 50 volts. If you don't know what I mean by score motor, Just remove the glass an put a ball in the kick out hole. If it kicks out, your 50 volt circuit is good,

Make sure your coin switches are not stuck in a partially closed position.

Make sure all Jones Plugs are fully seated. Coin door, Cabinet wires. Playfield to bottom board and bottom board harness to backbox connectors.

#6 5 years ago

Try cleaning / filing the delay relay switch which is a single closed switch on the right side bottom as you look down. If that's not closed properly nothing will happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-old-chicago-credit-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.