View topic image gallery

OC_6.jpg
OC_5.jpg
OC_4.jpg
OC_3.jpg
OC_2.jpg
OC_1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

OMG this cabinet was atrocious! The Cabinet was basically a Wash Board, the wood grain was raised so hi you could wash your clothes on it! Mind you the Backglass & Plastics were perfect, but the game didn't work when I got it, and because of this I was able to make a Trade for it. I traded a Backglass & 1 Set of Plastics for it....Then I spent weeks going through it cleaning & rewiring it...Now it plays super fast & 100%.....

As soon as we repro the Playfield I'll do the PF Swap & be done with it, but until then I thought I would share some pics of the Cabinet Restoration.....

Stu

OC_1.jpgOC_1.jpg OC_2.jpgOC_2.jpg OC_3.jpgOC_3.jpg OC_4.jpgOC_4.jpg OC_5.jpgOC_5.jpg OC_6.jpgOC_6.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Very nice! I have an OC with a completely restored cabinet as well. Luckily my playfield is near perfect so I won't need to do a playfield swap at any point.

Fun game, and those pops by the outlanes can be brutal!

#3 9 years ago

Yep, those pops are a love/hate relationship......

#4 9 years ago

Beautiful work... amazing what a nice cabinet repaint can do... I've never seen an OC with a non-faded cabinet.

#5 9 years ago

Can you share how you prepared the cab for repainting? Replaced wood, sanded, bondo? Cab restoration in a time consuming project. I have done 6 so far. Currently doing Flash Gordon and it's taking almost a year to restore the entire machine.

#6 9 years ago

Sanded the entire cabinet down to bare wood with my Makita Palm Sander, Bondo, Sand, Bondo, Sand, Primer, Paint Base Coat, then Stencil....All rattle-can paint

Total time for Cabinet Restoration ( including Metal Polishing ) 2 weeks

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Sanded the entire cabinet down to bare wood with my Makita Palm Sander, Bondo, Sand, Bondo, Sand, Primer, Paint Base Coat, then Stencil....All rattle-can paint

That's what I figured. I love bondo and it smells good too

3 weeks later
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Can you tell me what brand, color, and sheen of spray paint you used? It will save me a lot of trial and error. Als, do you expect CPR to do a playfield in the near future?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-old-chicago-cabinet-restoration and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.