7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Old-Chicago-Work-08 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Help I'm new to the EM machines but have a strong mechanical/Electrical background. Player one 100,000 light does not activate but buzzer, knock & free game work, Light will work if manual trip relay. Player 2 & 3 100,000 light, knock and free game come on at 20,000. Player 4 Free game, knock come on at 90,000, light comes on at 100,000. Seems like they are all related, Score motor?

#2 7 years ago

On your Old Chicago there's a switch that makes (touch together) on each Players 10,000 - 90,000 score reel
units when that score reel is in it's 9th position (on 9). For Player One, it sounds like that switch isn't touching in
the 9th position. Needs adjusting so it touches only when that score reel is on 9.
On the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players, you'll want to check their 10,000 - 90,000 units 9th position switch also.
I'm thinking their switches may be too close together and sometime slightly touching before the 9th position
from vibration when its coil energizes. Hope that does the trick for you.. (T)

#3 7 years ago

Look at the contacts on the "100,000" relay, if they are closed you can get a free game on 20,000 instead of 120,000.
Then they need adjusting.

#4 7 years ago

Ok. Running thru the circuit checking continuity every thing showing proper voltage 100,000 light started working. Love when an issue fixes itself, dirt?, connection?, Hope it stays working. Been using on 4 player and other issue is going away also with use. Miscellaneous light issues fixed, Center hole not kicking out with all "old Chicago" lights, fixed. Adjusted pop bumper contacts, real lively now. Now to look at upper hole bonus light.

3 weeks later
#5 7 years ago

100,000 light issue has returned on 1st player. All other players working fine. Buzzer comes on but not light under normal play. If you cycle score reel thru manual relay locks and 100,000 light comes on. Disassembled score reel (10,000 digit) cleaned and added tension to contacts under score reel. No change. Help

#6 7 years ago

Screws holding the contacts stack are bolt down tight?
If not adjusting it right is almost impossible, contact tension is too low then.

#7 7 years ago

Hi jaishadow
seldom used in pins are the Make-and-MAKE Switches --- blade-A is moved and touches blade-B - then both are moved further and then they touch blade-C - a connection made A to B to C.

My JPG shows "green" the functioning 2nd player, "blue" what functions on player-1, "orange" what NOT functions on player-1.
Want to check the EOS End-of-Stroke Switch on Score-Drum-Player-1--10'000-to-90'000-points ?
Greetings Rolf

0Old-Chicago-Work-08 (resized).jpg0Old-Chicago-Work-08 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Thanks Rolf, Still having a little difficulty in locating where the contacts are located off of the schematic, guess that will come with time. I have gotten the 100,000 light to work finally. I found that the circuit would operate when cycling the score wheel by hand but not by the solenoid cycling. My thought was am I applying more pressure than the solenoid or holding the connection longer. Adjusted the contacts (I think that would be the one you labeled as C) so they would connect earlier in the solenoid cycle thus stay on longer. Bam! all good. I've played about 6 games going over 100,000 and light has worked every time.

2 months later
#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

On your Old Chicago there's a switch that makes (touch together) on each Players 10,000 - 90,000 score reel
units when that score reel is in it's 9th position (on 9). For Player One, it sounds like that switch isn't touching in
the 9th position. Needs adjusting so it touches only when that score reel is on 9.
On the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players, you'll want to check their 10,000 - 90,000 units 9th position switch also.
I'm thinking their switches may be too close together and sometime slightly touching before the 9th position
from vibration when its coil energizes. Hope that does the trick for you.. (T)

Thanks Mopar! This was exactly my issue. You saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-old-chicago-100000-bonus-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.