• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGP1186 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hello!

Is there a connection between the following Problems?

1.After having pressed the credit button,only the first player is being playable - it doesn`t step up to the Players 2,3,4
2.After pressing the credit button,the score for ball in play always steps up from ball in play1 to ball in play2
3.The Spinner Unit doesnt work - the Solenoid from the Spinner Unit is on voltage and gets hot although the Spinner Relay isnt connected to the Spinner Unit.
When I manuelly move the Spinner Relay,the Spinner Unit reacts and counts points.
On the schematics there is no Switch Chart for the Score Motor Unit

greetings Franz

#2 6 years ago

When setting up a multi-player game, make sure there are at least four credits on the credit wheel if the machine is not set for free play.

If there are enough credits, you'll need to see what sends power to the coin unit step up coil. Check the following:

Coin relay switch - yellow wire and orange/black wire
Score motor switch 3B - orange/black wire and white/brown wire
Reset relay switch - white/brown wire and red/black wire

Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly...

For the ball in play issue, you'll need to see what switches send power to the ball count step up coil. This circuit includes the coin unit disc and the player up unit disc. Make sure these two unit discs are operating properly by manually advancing the disc to see if they move smoothly. Check the following switches in the ball count step up coil circuit to see if the switches are clean and adjusted properly:

Outhole relay switch - yellow wire and blue/orange wire
Ball index relay switch - blue/orange wire and red/green wire
Extra ball relay switch - red/green wire and gray wire
Score motor 3A switch - gray wire and gray/red wire

For the spinner issue, check the following:

Clean and adjust the spinner switch if needed -yellow wire and black/white wire
Clean and adjust the spinner relay switch - yellow wire and red/yellow wire

#3 6 years ago

Hello Fred,

The cause of the problem was the switch for the "Spinning Target",which had a short circuit.

Greetings Franz

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Hello,

I have a problem with the "Buzzer" in my Bally Old Chicago;he is not in function.
The "Buzzer" is a acustic sound for 100.00 Points.
The Buzzer himself is ok,because I had tested him.
Also the Digit Lights for "100.000" in the Backbox Disc are lighting.
I had seen the "Over the Top Delay Relay"in the cabinet,which must give circuit to the Buzzer, don´t work!

#5 6 years ago

The buzzer is operated by a 6 volt switch on the over-the-top delay relay. Check the switch on the over-the-top delay relay with the white wire and white/red wire. Make sure the switch is clean and adjusted properly. Also, make sure there is a working #455 lamp in the lamp socket of the over-the-top delay relay...

#6 6 years ago

Sorry,but the switch with the white/red white wire can`t operate because the solonoid(yellow brown/yello black wire) from of the over-the top-delay relay doesn´t pull....

#7 6 years ago

Does this buzzer problem happen with all four player scores? If it does, all four player scores share the same circuit that includes the buzzer. If one of the scores goes to 100K, power will be sent to the over-the-top delay relay coil and to a reset relay switch. Check the following:

Reset relay switch - yellow/black wire and black wire / make sure switch is clean and adjusted properly
Over-the-top delay relay switch - yellow/brown wire and orange wire / make sure switch is clean and adjusted properly
Confirm the over-the-top delay relay coil is working - use a jumper wire or 9-volt battery
Make sure lamp #455 is good at the over-the-top delay relay

#8 6 years ago

Hello,

the "Buzzer" is working now.
The cause of the Buzzer`s malfunction was a broken wire(yellow-brown) at the panel plugs in the backbox.
greetings franz

#9 6 years ago

Hello!
Can anybody tell me, what this unit is for?
It is not operating; the cables are cut off - I can´t find the unit in the schematics.

IMGP1186 (resized).JPGIMGP1186 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

This might be the top hole relay. Looking at the solenoid (coil), there is a green/white wire or white/green wire attached to the solenoid. The green/white wire was the only wire I could find that was attached to a solenoid/coil, and it was the top hole relay solenoid. When the ball lands in the top hole, does the bonus advance?

#11 6 years ago

Yes,the bonus does advance when the ball is in the top hole.

#12 6 years ago

When the bonus advances, does the stepper/relay solenoid in the photo energize?

#13 6 years ago

Only the top hole relay does pull,but on the solonoid in the photo I can not measure current.

#14 6 years ago

Maybe they substituted different wire colors on this stepper unit. Now I'm thinking this is a 00-90 match unit. When the game ends, does the backglass show different match numbers after each game? Or does it remain on one match number after every game?

#15 6 years ago

The backglass does show different match numbers after each game.

#16 6 years ago

In the photo, there are 11 traces on that stepper/relay unit. This would match up to the bonus unit on the schematic. Are there any problems with adding or collecting the bonus during a game? You can try to manually rotate the stepper unit to see if it changes any feature lights on the playfield or backglass...

#17 6 years ago

I had made a bridge provisional over the green and the whitegreen wire to the stepper unit and I had rotated the stepper manually,
but nothing was changing.

#18 6 years ago

You should be able to match the colors of the wires that are attached to the stepper wire traces to the color of the wires on the schematic. This will tell you what the stepper controls...

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from franz:

Can anybody tell me, what this unit is for?

That looks like a Nickel counter. 10¢ = 5¢x2.

#20 6 years ago

Ok,that´s was!
I don´t think it is relevant for the game - I´m going to remove its and keep it as spare part.
Thank´s for the help.
Greetings Franz

#21 6 years ago

It's shown on your schematic connected with dashed lines (as optional) at position E5. It's described as "2ND COIN UNIT" but in the Bally parts catalog referred to as an Alternator Unit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-old-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.