You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
IMG_2907 (resized).JPG
IMG_2906 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I have a Ballys odds and evens with a Ball Count Light That does not show what ball you are on.
The Ball count unit appears to be working , it goes from 1-5 and will go from 1-3 if you change the jumper.
The light on Ball number 1 and 5 blink when the game is started.
I do not have a schematic for this Game and will usually read to figure out an issue but this is a little above my head.
I have automotive electronic experience ,Home and general knowledge, i understand basic circuitry but after that lost.
The rest of the Machine functions as it should, I replaced a power cord cleaned some contacts, i did clean the ball count unit.
Adjusted flippers etc. Thanks!

IMG_2906 (resized).JPGIMG_2906 (resized).JPG

IMG_2907 (resized).JPGIMG_2907 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Here's the circuit to diagnose the Balls to Play lights.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Pretty much the only thing to check in that circuit is the make/break switch on the game over trip relay.
Otherwise carefully trace the wiring to make sure it isn't broken anywhere.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Pretty much the only thing to check in that circuit is the make/break switch on the game over trip relay.
Otherwise carefully trace the wiring to make sure it isn't broken anywhere.

After the Game Over Trip relay switch, the next most likely thing is the Ball Count Unit. In either case, the usual wire-with-alligator-clips testing should narrow down the problem in short order.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks! I will look in the am.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-odds-and-evens-ball-light-does-not-illuminate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.