(Topic ID: 200984)

Bally Odds and Even

By TheFatman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am working on this machine and have an issue I have never seen before. All the GI lights are out until a switch is activated. They all light then but, only as long as the switch is closed. As soon as the switch is released they all go back out. Anyone have a good idea what would cause and a good place to start to fix it? I am wondering if there is a short in one of the sockets.... just not sure.
Dave F

#2 6 years ago

In the general illumination circuit there are only two switches in that 6 volt circuit. This would be at the lock relay switches. Check the following:

Lock relay switches (2) - yellow/brown wire and blue/red wire
6 volt side - 15 amp fuse and fuse block
Transformer lug connection - yellow wire

There could be an issue on the 50 volt side where something is causing the lock relay coil to de-energize. When you're closing one of the playfield switches, check to see if the lock relay is still being energized.

On the 50 volt side, three switches control power to the lock relay. Check the switch on the lock relay with the yellow wire and white/green wire. Make sure the switch is clean and adjusted properly.

Also, check the delay relay switch with the black/red wire and black wire...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-odds-and-even?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.