Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by younginvisions
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6MDM solenoid fuse (resized).JPG
6MDM solenoid module (resized).JPG

#1 9 months ago

I'm looking for a replacement fuse and having trouble finding it. Bally's "Six Million Dollar Man" solenoid driver module has one fuse that I can't seem to locate anywhere. The part number, E-00133-0030, Fuse 8 AG-1/4 Amp. I have tried looking it up by part number and the description and have had no luck finding the exact listing. When looking at it, it appears to be half spring and half braided wire. I don't know anything about fuses and I don't know if there are any other fuses that can be used in place of the one inside the machine. The fuse works, but the glass casing is broken, so I would like a new one to replace it. are there newer versions out there that look different that can be used in place of the particular one listed in the owners manual? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

6MDM solenoid fuse (resized).JPG6MDM solenoid module (resized).JPG
#2 9 months ago

Try looking for .250A or 250mA, they are the same as that 1/4 amp.

#4 9 months ago

A proper SD board rebuild should include modifying the fuse holder for a conventional fuse size to make future repairs easier.

Looking at the photo there appears to have been severe charring around the high voltage section. Be prepared to test and rebuild the HV if necessary. The large blue filter cap looks original too and you should consider replacing it.

If you update your machine to LED type displays you can retire the HV section of the board.

2 weeks later
#5 8 months ago

Thanks, that helps. I think I'm going to have the board replaced with a new version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 6.00
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside