(Topic ID: 116130)

Bally Nitro Groundhaker cab particleboard?

By indy5mike

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I havnt really taken a good look at this yet but some damage on the back panel of a Nitro Groindshaker cabinet looks like it is made of particle board. Is this normal for a Bally SS cabinet? Are all the Bally SS cabs made like this? Gonna have to change the panel out to fix it correctly but wondering what i am getting into. Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Yes, many Bally back cabs were craparticle board.

Use the old for a template and replace with nice plywood.

#3 9 years ago

Is it just the backboard?

#4 9 years ago

Often the back of the cab, the back of the head, and the bottom of the cab is made of fibercrap.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Vid!!!

#6 9 years ago

I just built a backbox out of Aspen Ply a half an hour ago. I need to use a filler for the inside, but Sand ply or ACX ply is desirable.
Bottom line, pick a piece that is not cupped.

1 year later
#7 7 years ago

Yet another great piece of advice from Vid! Fixing a Bally Silverball Mania and headed off to get some plywood.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-nitro-groundhaker-cab-particleboard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.