Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Brewchap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I done I think everything that a newbie should not do and made the pin worst than the way I got it. But after a few hard days of undoing what I done I am back to square one where I 1st started. Once the ball drains, the pin will not add the bonus points or advance the player, but will kick a ball out to play.
I thought that this might be a relay problem, and that is were I got into trouble filing the contacts. I since had to go back and adjust all the contacts to get everything working again.

I'm thinking now that I need to clean the player stepper unit, but thought that it would be best to get some advice first. I got a copy of the schematic and I'm trying to understand it.

#2 4 years ago

manually operate the steppers to see if they are gummed up ,

some great info here http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

#3 4 years ago

The steppers I am surprised to say, seem to move freely. I am able to adjust the steppers and reset the game only to have the steppers reset at the start of a game.

#4 4 years ago

Well, I had a bit of luck last night. Not sure what I did, but I did get the player and ball to advance while I lost the ability to use the flippers or play field switches. Of course after turning on the pin this morning I'm right back to where I started.

#5 4 years ago

Nip-it is a multi-ball game. This might seem obvious but... how many balls did you put in? It needs TWO.

#6 4 years ago

Yes I am using 2 balls

#7 4 years ago

Check your Bonus unit zero position switches. They determine whether or not a bonus has been counted down before ejecting the ball.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Yes I am using 2 balls

Always my preference.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Check your Bonus unit zero position switches. They determine whether or not a bonus has been counted down before ejecting the ball.

Thank you edednedy for your suggestion. I took a look at the bonus unit and didnt see anything wrong. So I decided to clean the rivets. Once I done that, the score motor would run none stop. Resetting the bonus unit stopped the score motor from running. After that the player and ball started advancing.
Thank you for your suggestion!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-nip-it-will-not-advance-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.