Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by FrankyP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

Just to make sure im clear when the captive ball releases right then the bonus should score and reset even before the ball hits outhole sensor? Switches in trough are clean and making contact. The springs on those arms do spring back in place but they are definitely what i would call very springy if thats a word.

When the captive ball releases, the game will score the built up bonus. During the same ball count, you will also collect the bonus when the ball(s) drain. The main strategy for high scores is to lock a ball, build up bonus and release and re-lock the captive ball as many times as possible.

It happens at 1:30 in this video...the ball is unlocked and you can hear 6000 points scored.

1 week later
#12 5 years ago

The game uses 2 balls. There are only two switches in the ball trough. The 2nd ball relay is engaged when there is a ball in the gator hole or in the 2nd (left) ball trough switch.

#13 5 years ago

Does the ball count change when the ball drains?

#15 5 years ago

I believe the 2nd ball relay is triggered when the ball enters with gator hole. Maybe confirm this with the playfield up.

#17 5 years ago

Frank,

Are you testing your game with 2 balls in the trough? Are the two switch under the trough both closing and clean? When I owned my Nip It, I had a similar issue. I found that a mechanical issue was slowing the ball from kicking from the out hole to the first trough switch. With the apron off, i noticed that sometimes the ball was being kicked in the air before hitting the ball ramp. When this happened, the ball did not reach the first switch in time to trigger the bonus or advance the ball. I do not know if this is your issue or not, but it might be worth removing the apron and watching the ball movement from the outhole to the trough switch. I can tell you the the timing of ball kicking from the out hole to the trough switches is critical for this process to work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-nip-it-bonus-scoring-issue?tu=bonzo71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.