Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by FrankyP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

Apologies in advance I am new to EM's and trying to sort out a strange problem. My bally Nip-it will advance bonus properly on step up unit during play and test but will never collect the bonus add to the score and reset. The ball is just kicked back out but the ball counter advances. I have looked at the schematics it seemed outhole switch, ball 2 relay - not sure what even closes this one is this just the swich from ball trough? and score bonus relay to score the bonus are needed. If I manually lift play field and engage those all it seems to score the bonus. Not sure which would reset but I do know that it will reset.
To add to this I found two fuse holders under playfield both seemed to be corroded and I changed both. After this voila! My bonus was scoring just fine last night on each drain and resetting for each upcoming ball. Today go back to my assumed fixed game and I am right back where I started with issue in first paragraph. My question is what are those 2 fuses for and if the fuse holder and fuse are known good why would this have failed again? OR am I totally off base and this is a scoring motor switch thing?

When the ball drains, it is kicked up to the trough where it is captured and the bonus is scored, then the ball is kicked on to the shooter lane.

If the ball doesn't sit solidly on the switches in the trough, the game assumes the bonus has scored, kicks the ball to the shooter lane, and advances the ball count.

There are a couple of arms in there under the apron that hold the ball in place. Make sure they are moving freely and the springs that hold them in place are working well. If the ball doesn't sit there and hold the switch closed, the bonus will not score. I've had this issue with my Nip It and making sure those switches are making properly, and the arms that hold the ball in place are working correctly will probably solve the issue. The fuses are not the issue.

To make sure the bonus is working properly otherwise, run up some bonus, put a ball in the Gator hole, and then release the captive ball. It should score the bonus. If that happens, your problem is almost certainly in those switches/arm in the trough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-nip-it-bonus-scoring-issue?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.