You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

The Bonus Hole Eject and Open Flipper switches is the last two problems that I know of so far. I'm hoping that the problem for the two are related. Pushing on the Bonus Hole Eject will light up some lights on the playfield, but it will not fire the coil. The coil does work when grounded. The Open Flipper switch does nothing.

What is the best way to troubleshoot this? This is a bit different than the SS pins.
Would this be a relay problem? If so how will I know which one will it be? All the labels are gone from the relays

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

The Bonus Hole Eject and Open Flipper switches is the last two problems that I know of so far. I'm hoping that the problem for the two are related. Pushing on the Bonus Hole Eject will light up some lights on the playfield, but it will not fire the coil. The coil does work when grounded. The Open Flipper switch does nothing.

This is the circuit to check for the Open Flippers. And for the Bonus Hole Eject, it is likely the score motor sw. The schematic has a blur so I can't tell if it's 7B or 7D.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from currieddog:

This is the circuit to check for the Open Flippers. And for the Bonus Hole Eject, it is likely the score motor sw. The schematic has a blur so I can't tell if it's 7B or 7D.

On the score motor, do I count the number of switches from front to back, then the stack of switches from bottom to up?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

On the score motor, do I count the number of switches from front to back, then the stack of switches from bottom to up?

The motor looks like this, with cam numbering going from L-R and lettering from bottom up.

index (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago

Do your flippers open if you trigger the "open flippers relay" by hand?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from currieddog:

And for the Bonus Hole Eject, it is likely the score motor sw. The schematic has a blur so I can't tell if it's 7B or 7D.

It's 7B. I found the relay for the Bonus Hole Eject and when I push the switch and then push the relay, the score motor turns and fires the coil. But it still does not fire just pushing the Bonus Hole Eject switch.

Quoted from edednedy:

I'll test this now once I find what relay it is.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

The zipper flipper is gunked up keeping the Open Flipper switch from working the way it should. I will remove this and give it a good cleaning.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

It's 7B. I found the relay for the Bonus Hole Eject and when I push the switch and then push the relay, the score motor turns and fires the coil. But it still does not fire just pushing the Bonus Hole Eject switch.

By BHE sw., do you mean in the eject hole itself? If so, have you checked the sw. under the PF for cleanliness and solid contact?

#9 1 year ago

Yes sir, I just double checked again. When I push down on the switch, the playfield lights come on, but the kicker will not fire. Now with the playfield lights for that switch are on and I fire the relay, the BHE kicker will fire or kick.

#10 1 year ago

Still trying to understand where the problem can be. The ball enters the BHE and the bonus lights up on the playfield and the ball should get kicked out. But it dont, it just sets there. I can trip the relay that controls the BHE to make the ball pop out, but what is the missing link that will trip the relay to eject the ball when it enters the BHE? The switch already sends a message to the relay to turn the lights on, that same switch should tell the relay to kick that ball out......

#11 1 year ago

Looks like a second ball gets kicked out into the shooter lane also....which it does.

#12 1 year ago

Hi Brewchap +
(this text I have written not knowing post-11)
I do not know Nip It --- You talk about an Eject-Hole not working - here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1680&picno=16522&zoom=1 I see the so called "Top-Hole" and here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1680&picno=16521&zoom=1 I see the Bonus-Hole (words from the schematics).
Here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1680&picno=3841&zoom=1 some information to the features --- not so clear is "When ball captive in Lower Kickout Hole is released by next ball in play ... " - does this mean "ball may be resting in this Hole for a while" ?
And in here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1680&picno=16522&zoom=1 what is "two targets with text 'release Gator Ball' " ? Greetings Rolf

#13 1 year ago

I just found out that this is a ball lock for multi-ball as explained here

starting at 23:23 and explain the process on why this ball does not automatically kick out even after that game is over or a new game is started.

I was trying to fix something that not broken....

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside