• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by steviechs
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 11.21.13 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steviechs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My Nip-it is having issues with the ball in play count. On a one player game, I'm seeing the following sequence of events:

1) ball 1 drains
2) the ball in play increments to ball 2.
3) the bonus is counted for ball 1
4) the ball dosent eject, and a 1000 point bonus is collected on ball 2
5) the ball in play increments to ball 3
6) the ball is ejected and plays as usual
7) ball 3 drains
8) the ball in play increments to ball 4
9) the bonus is collected for ball 3
10) the ball dosent eject, and a 1000 point bonus is collected for ball 4
9) ball 5 is ejected and plays as usual
10) ball 5 drains, bonus collected, and game goes to game over

Any thoughts on where to take a look? (Yes, testing with 2 balls in the game)

It seems like when the bonus is to be collected, something should prevent the ball index from being advanced, but I don't see that in the schematic. Thanks in advance!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Grrrrr, well this is big fun-can't attach. Look from about 6-8.5 on the upper part of the schematic.

This section?

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 11.21.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-16 at 11.21.13 AM (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

Can someone confirm that the 8D SCM means the 8th score motor wheel, 4th switch up from the bottom? My assumption is that A would be the lowest switch so that A is in the same spot on every wheel, right?

#9 5 years ago

I stumbled upon a use case that always plays correctly: If the bonus is greater than 5000, the ball count and bonus collection all work properly. I played 3 or 4 games on single player always giving at least 6k for bonus and it played through all 5 balls as expected. I also played two 4 player games with the same 6K+ bonus and all that worked as well (although most times the 5000 point doesn't score)

Once I try a bonus of anything less than 5k, I get back into the cycle originally described. I'll be looking at anything related to the 5000 point relay to see if 1) it's the cause and 2) why sometimes the 5k isn't scoring on bonus collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steviechs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-nip-it-ball-count-issue?tu=steviechs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.