• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Lets
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160215_193055_536_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The machine powers up "fine". Turn it on, all the lights come on, the music plays, everything resets. Push the "start" button (credit button) on the door, and nothing happens. Yes, there's credits on it , and yes the button is closing the contacts.. Appears that there's 7.7 vac going to the credit button contacts.

Went through the diagnostics...all seems reasonably well. 7 flashes on A4 on power up, all the lights flash, slight problem on the display driver module test (player 4, left most number is completely blank all through the test), all the solenoids pull in (with the exception of #2, the knocker), no stuck switches indicated (displays "0").

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#3 8 years ago

Checked. Traced down the wire, unpluged it and tried bypassing it with a paper clip. Still no workie.

Any thing else?

THANK YOU so much!

IMG_20160215_193055_536_(resized).jpgIMG_20160215_193055_536_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

J3 it is. Should I unplug the connector and "short out" the two associated pins? And if so, can I do this while powered up? Or should I shut off the power, unplug it, power the machine up and then short out the 2 pins?...

#6 8 years ago

Hold on! Additional info. I accedentily hit the Center Target (below the lower pop bumper), and the game started up. Music played, ball kicked out, and flippers (and everything else) started working. So, played the first ball...lost it down the center, kicked it out to play it again...it still says I'm on Ball #1, but the game credits reduced by one and a SECOND player has been added. Played ball...now a 3rd played has been added. And now a 4th player. 4th player lost the ball, and all the scores reset to 000. Ok. so I might not have this completely correct. It's rather confusing.

#7 8 years ago

So, finished with the above convoluted 4 player game. Pushed the credit button and it started a new game. Yeah you say? Well, now that center target below the lower pop bumper, hitting it adds another player to the game (and deducts 1 from the credits)

#9 8 years ago

Before I start cutting wire ties, separating and tracing miles of wires, there's a bit more info I discovered.

Symptoms seem to be as follows. Credit button doesn't necessarily start game. Hitting center target will, and hitting it again adds a player..hence the center target acts like the credit button. In addition, one of the outside lanes (far most to the right of the flipper) "activates" the Tilt.

#10 8 years ago

Started digging into it, when I quickly realized the tilt and door (credit button) wires were in a completely separate bundle of wires than all the playfield wires. Thought, no way, there can't be a short between the two. But, figured since I was already there, I'd get out the magnifying glass and take a close look at the wires, best I could without cutting wire ties. FOUND BARE WIRES! Looks like someone pinched the bundle of playfield wires and they must have been shorting out. Taped up the bare spots and everything seems to be good to go. Might have to try to find some liquid paint on insulation, but for now. THANK YOU !!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-night-rider-ss-wont-start-up?tu=Lets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.