• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally-Night-Rider-Rubber-Chart.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I just picked up a solid state Night Rider pin. It works for the most part. I need to replace some resistors and diodes on the solenoid driver board. I've looked all over the net but can not find a schematic for it. I have found ones for other games but the wiring is a bit different. Does anyone have a pdf of them? Thanks in advance.

#3 8 years ago

You could purchase a hard copy manual from Pinball Resource. It would have the correct schematics in it.

#4 8 years ago

It's close. I'm trying to find out what the resistors/diodes handle that i need to replace (burnt/smoking).

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

You could purchase a hard copy manual from Pinball Resource. It would have the correct schematics in it.

Figured I'd try asking first.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

I have found ones for other games but the wiring is a bit different.

sorry but thats not actually true. exact same sdb in both .. let me guess... R56 right? its burning because you need to replace the HV transistors.

#7 8 years ago

anyway i just uploaded it to ipdb seeing it is missing as you said. it usually takes ages to appear so I will pm you a link to it

#8 8 years ago

Big Daddy Enterprises has rebuild kits with parts and location lists. Joe

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

sorry but thats not actually true. exact same sdb in both .. let me guess... R56 right? its burning because you need to replace the HV transistors.

Rebuild the entire high voltage section all at the same time.

#10 8 years ago

It's actually R30/cr12 & R32/cr11. I needed to know what those went to so I can check and fix the problem.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

anyway i just uploaded it to ipdb seeing it is missing as you said. it usually takes ages to appear so I will pm you a link to it

Thank you.

#13 8 years ago

Next time you don't have prints, and the resistors are in an obvious array, just decode the resistor color coding of the neighboring resistors.

#14 8 years ago

Didn't want to start another thread for a simple question. Just got a rubber kit. It has 4 3" rings. Where do the extra 2 go? I know 2 go on the drop targets.

#15 8 years ago

You probably double up the rings behind the drop targets.

Bally-Night-Rider-Rubber-Chart.jpgBally-Night-Rider-Rubber-Chart.jpg

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You probably double up the rings behind the drop targets.

or the manual is wrong.. and therefore the kit is.. could go either way?

#17 8 years ago

It's pretty normal to double up behind the drops.

It keeps the ball from escaping under the long rubber.

Latter on, games had thin posts factory installed to keep the balls out.

#18 8 years ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Transistor_Mapping_for_Bally_Games

Q-11 and Q-12 run your right sling and bottom pop bumper respectively. Replace all components in that chain and check both of those solenoids for grounds/ shorts, etc.

#19 8 years ago

Replaced everything in line and works great.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Transistor_Mapping_for_Bally_Games
Q-11 and Q-12 run your right sling and bottom pop bumper respectively. Replace all components in that chain and check both of those solenoids for grounds/ shorts, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-night-rider-ss-schematics-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.