8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by brenna98
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

All,

I thought I would throw this out to all Early Bally collectors.
Does anyone have a hi resolution scan of the central "Magic 3D Eye" insert that goes in the center of the backglass?
I am interested in doing a reproduction for my backglass for professional printing on laminate.
I am aware their were two versions of the glass, and only need the central circle image, no need or concern for removal as I would never ask another to potentially damage their glass. I can do the artwork corrections myself.
Alternatively I might even get creative...

Cheers.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There is a scan on IPDB, though I'm not sure if the dpi is high enough for printing.

The dpi is pretty low on that one, hence my asking if anybody had a scan. In a pinch, I could clean it up, as this NOT going in a machine, it is one of backglasses on my wall. No reproductions were ever made to my knowledge and NOS are non-existent but it has been awhile. I might even be able to make a better one than original with new tech and materials to give a holographic effect, if somebody needed one for there own machine, that was not the screened version. I am not "selling" these to avoid certain supplier insanity, its is a project.

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

I located a 3200 dpi scan.
Made necessary corrections
I reproduced the image on plastic film, and job is complete.
However, the light transmission quality IMHO is not suitable for actually using it in a machine, as it allows too much light.
Additional plastic film would be required to reduce translucency.
Looks good as a backglass wall hanger though, completely undetectable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mystic-magic-3d-eye-insert?tu=xtheblackknightx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.