Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic (resized).jpg
IMG_20160915_200231 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160915_200244 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hello all,

I'm a relative pinball newbie here. I have an issue with the right bank of drop targets on Bally Mystic.

The drop targets on the right side won't go up. There is no power to the coil thing that shoots them up. I did a test of all the switches and all the other drop targets work fine but nothing happens at all with the right drop targets, no movement at all.

I can manually move the targets up by hand underneath the pay field but that doesn't help me out

I took all the hook ups off the board in the head and reconnected them and no change.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much!

#2 7 years ago

Don't worry about switches yet. They should reset at power up and at game up regardless.

Power up the game and let it come to rest in the attract mode (sitting there blinking lights).

Open the coin door and locate the little red button top center. Press it in one second intervals until it spits the ball into the shooter lane. It will then cycle through all the solenoids over and over. Note if any others don't work besides the known target bank.

Head over to http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern for some training.

#3 7 years ago

I did the test and all the solenoids fire besides the one that drives the right bank targets.

#4 7 years ago

Take a look at the little red wires that are on that coil. Sometimes they will break off where they connect to the lugs.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Do you have a meter, and know how to use it?

#6 7 years ago

Wires appear to be connected. Heres some pics.

I don't have a meter, but perhaps I should pick one up to check the voltage. I'll have to research on how to do this.

Here's some back story, the right drops didn't work when I moved it in my car then all of a sudden the drops on the right side worked a few rounds then they went back to not working. They have not worked since, maybe 30 rounds or so.

IMG_20160915_200244 (resized).jpgIMG_20160915_200244 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160915_200231 (resized).jpgIMG_20160915_200231 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

This black/yellow wire looks cut...

mystic (resized).jpgmystic (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

This black/yellow wire looks cut...

That looks like a shadow line.

Quoted from cody_chunn:

Do you have a meter, and know how to use it?

this is where I would start. with a little guidance from pinwiki and don't forget to study the game schematics.

#9 7 years ago

Solved! The solenoid was not getting power so a friend soldered the drop target contact on the board as it had some cracking. Now it's working 100%. Thanks for the help all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mystic-drop-target-issue?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.