(Topic ID: 236587)

Bally Mystic Club. The Eye is Watching. . .

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240112_134344 (resized).jpg
20240109_202212 (resized).jpg
20240109_173948 (resized).jpg
20240107_172740 (resized).jpg
IMAG1313.jpg
IMAG1318.jpg
mystic magicians (resized).jpg
20230416_105126 (resized).jpg
20230416_105116 (resized).jpg
FEA168F5-9DF6-41A6-9A17-1C23ECBCC00A (resized).jpeg
E77FE5B5-D109-4F4C-92B6-44497E3DC14A (resized).jpeg
6F1F9DCB-801D-442D-80D6-8CB9E33E7F3C (resized).jpeg
B142531A-BEA1-4C06-AC38-1C72527FAFBA (resized).jpeg
C4764DB3-4A58-4DB2-AE06-125B3C502C2C (resized).jpeg
0796C50D-E4D6-43CD-B28E-B94B141EA22F (resized).jpeg
E3EBB882-830E-4848-B1BD-04E595C456D3 (resized).jpeg
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

even with the labor. A HEP wouldn't go for that much (IMO).

HEP ?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Yet, mine has the inset and the number on the cabinet matches the number on the head.

What number is yours?

HEP is High End Pins. Best restored in the business. Check out his this week at HEP thread.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Yet, mine has the inset and the number on the cabinet matches the number on the head.

Given your serial number is 1265, that is within the first 265 games produced, so it fits the description. Keep in mind, Bally started their serial numbers at 1000, so the first game of any production would be 1001 and so on.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Given your serial number is 1265, that is within the first 265 games produced, so it fits the description. Keep in mind, Bally started their serial numbers at 1000, so the first game of any production would be 1001 and so on.

Wowzer! You just made my day!!

#55 4 years ago

Cabinet need work, but it plays like a beast!Cabinet need work, but it plays like a beast!

#56 4 years ago

Yup, cool. Register it on the DB.

1 week later
#57 4 years ago

Mystic Crystal Ball Topper

#58 4 years ago

Very cool. One of those electric balls would look cool too.

2 weeks later
#59 4 years ago

Should the Mystic backglass have plastic trim around the top and sides? Mine has the bottom piece, but nothing on the top or sides.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Should the Mystic backglass have plastic trim around the top and sides? Mine has the bottom piece, but nothing on the top or sides.

Yes. All glasses should.

#61 4 years ago

Mine has it, after all. Should have verified before I posted.

5 months later
#62 3 years ago

You guys have any ideas on where to get a playfield overlay. Just picked up a early production machine but playfield is not salvageable.

#63 3 years ago

I haven't seen one, don't know if they exist.

#64 3 years ago
#65 3 years ago

That's a NOS playfield, not an overlay. Really nice looking one, too.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's a NOS playfield, not an overlay. Really nice looking one, too.

That is exactly what I'm after. An overlay.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

That is exactly what I'm after. An overlay.

A playfield is not the same as an overlay. Not sure which part of the terminology you're confusing. That ad was for a new old stock (NOS) populated playfield. An overlay is a big sticker with the art you'd put over your old playfield. Are you perhaps looking for a full factory-style mylar? That's the clear sticker that would protect your existing art.

Reproduction playfields are available here:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/mystic-kit/#playfield

Overlays and mylars are not available, to my knowledge. For reference, here are examples of those.

Overlay example: http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/store/p75/Pinball_Playfield_Hardtop.html

Mylar example: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7960-554

#68 3 years ago

Also, holy crap, why did nobody tell me they finally made the proto backglass???

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mystic2/

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

A playfield is not the same as an overlay. Not sure which part of the terminology you're confusing. That ad was for a new old stock (NOS) populated playfield. An overlay is a big sticker with the art you'd put over your old playfield. Are you perhaps looking for a full factory-style mylar? That's the clear sticker that would protect your existing art.
Reproduction playfields are available here:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/mystic-kit/#playfield
Overlays and mylars are not available, to my knowledge. For reference, here are examples of those.
Overlay example: http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/store/p75/Pinball_Playfield_Hardtop.html
Mylar example: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7960-554

Where in the ad does it say this was a NOS playfield? Read the ad.

"This playfield is complete and the surface where the pinball rolls was restored applying an overlay on it."

That implies to me that a sticker overlay was used. Perhaps the seller meant a playfield protector?

Without an overlay with artwork this machine I have isn't worth a restoration effort.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Also, holy crap, why did nobody tell me they finally made the proto backglass???
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mystic2/

I saw that as well. I cannot find any information on the Xpin mod as that looks incredibly interesting!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

Where in the ad does it say this was a NOS playfield? Read the ad.
"This playfield is complete and the surface where the pinball rolls was restored applying an overlay on it."
That implies to me that a sticker overlay was used. Perhaps the seller meant a playfield protector?
Without an overlay with artwork this machine I have isn't worth a restoration effort.

You're right, I think he's confusing terms. He says "original playfield" then he says this: "This playfield is complete and the surface where the pinball rolls was restored applying an overlay on it. A strong 5 mil mylar was used to laminate the print of the artwork"

So, did he restore the art then mylar it? Did he find/make and overlay then mylar over that? No clue.

Quoted from mtgedney:

I saw that as well. I cannot find any information on the Xpin mod as that looks incredibly interesting!

It does look interesting. The video said 2021, so going to have to wait, I guess.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

What xpin mod? 6 to 7 digits? See: http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_d7.html It's also on IPDB IIRC.

#73 3 years ago

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mystic1/

See the video at bottom. This is much more intriguing that a 7 digit score.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

See the video at bottom. This is much more intriguing that a 7 digit score.

Ah, Plasma disc. Yes, that's cool. They should integrate it into the game rather than having it on all the time.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

They should integrate it into the game rather than having it on all the time.

If you watch the video ( and listen ), the mod IS integrated into the game play, it's an "earned" mod.....

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

If you watch the video ( and listen ), the mod IS integrated into the game play, it's an "earned" mod.....

I watched it but not somewhere that the sound could be played (covid home office environment....) - I'll have to revisit it on the weekend.

#77 3 years ago

Oh, my! Does classic playfields have a good rep? I might need this.

#78 3 years ago

Concerning the "XPIN" mod with the Plasma Disk, the mod is basically this...

As each of the goals (9, 18, 27, etc) are reached the plasma disk comes on for a longer amount of time until it stays on when you hit special. It will "sputter" between each goal, think in terms of starting an old engine with goal to get it running.

The other operational mod is that if you light all of the pyramids or all of the eyes, then the plasma disk will stay on for the rest of the game.

During attract mode, it will periodically "sputter".

If you are interested in the mod, go ahead and get the backglass you want, and I will send you a link to where you can get the plasma disk. You can always install the mod control board later once I get the firmware complete.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Oh, my! Does classic playfields have a good rep? I might need this.

Yes

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from XPinPinball:

As each of the goals (9, 18, 27, etc) are reached the plasma disk comes on for a longer amount of time until it stays on when you hit special. It will "sputter" between each goal, think in terms of starting an old engine with goal to get it running.
The other operational mod is that if you light all of the pyramids or all of the eyes, then the plasma disk will stay on for the rest of the game.
During attract mode, it will periodically "sputter".
If you are interested in the mod, go ahead and get the backglass you want, and I will send you a link to where you can get the plasma disk. You can always install the mod control board later once I get the firmware complete.

That's sounds really awesome. I'm really torn since I have an early version and really like the originality of that. And also, my machine needs a resto for it to be worth it.

#81 3 years ago

I’ll be glad to see it in action on an early backglass. Will we still be able to see the 3D eye & pyramid?

#82 3 years ago

Concerning an early backglass I don't know. I have been working with CPR and we verified it with what they were doing and it looks great. When I get it done and released I will have them post a link on their website to mine and make an announcement here that it is ready.

It has been kind of difficult to make it happen because I know of only one Mystic in my area and to get at it I have to ask the owner to pull it out of storage. He doesn't have the space to keep it set up.

#83 3 years ago

If there is anyone with a Mystic in the East Valley outside of Phoenix AZ, drop me a line. We can work something out.

1 month later
#84 3 years ago

Any Gorgar fans wanna come over to my page?
Grandson And I,....see my old Mystic back there?...

95863D72-D1ED-4592-806A-B1CAC04326A4 (resized).jpeg95863D72-D1ED-4592-806A-B1CAC04326A4 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#85 3 years ago

I'm looking for a scan of the backglass (while I save up for the repro) - please let me know if you have a file you would be willing to share

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I'm looking for a scan of the backglass (while I save up for the repro) - please let me know if you have a file you would be willing to share

I've been looking for the same. Please hit me up also if you have one.

2 weeks later
#87 3 years ago

If anyone is looking, I’m selling a used Mystic playfield for wall art or restoration. $150 plus shipping

7AC1FDD9-5CD2-4CDE-A35B-EA7DD964B3D1 (resized).jpeg7AC1FDD9-5CD2-4CDE-A35B-EA7DD964B3D1 (resized).jpeg1DCF8948-67AE-46C8-BA83-DBD75B1A2456 (resized).jpeg1DCF8948-67AE-46C8-BA83-DBD75B1A2456 (resized).jpeg
Added over 3 years ago:

No longer available

1 month later
#88 3 years ago
Quoted from XPinPinball:

How's the mod programming going? Is this going to be available soon?

#89 3 years ago

Does anyone have a CPR class yet? Would love to see how accurate it is.

1 week later
#90 3 years ago

Does anyone have the early production light shroud that goes in the inset eye/pyramid that they can send pics/measurements of?

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Does anyone have the early production light shroud that goes in the inset eye/pyramid that they can send pics/measurements of?

The hole in the plywood is 6 1/4" diameter. My shroud fits loosely inside. Its been taped.

The shroud is 1 11/16" deep.

mystic eye shroud (resized).JPGmystic eye shroud (resized).JPG
#92 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

The hole in the plywood is 6 1/4" diameter. My shroud fits loosely inside. Its been taped.
The shroud is 1 11/16" deep.
[quoted image]

Awesome, thank you. Is it just some kind of thin plastic?

#93 3 years ago

Some kind of thick paper. Seems fiberous.

3 months later
#94 2 years ago
20210522_114408 (resized).jpg20210522_114408 (resized).jpg20210522_114509 (resized).jpg20210522_114509 (resized).jpg
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I have EMY1025!

#96 2 years ago

Repro backglass? A number that early should be the 3D eye

And, Welcome to the club!

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Repro backglass? A number that early should be the 3D eye
And, Welcome to the club!

It has 3D. Would like a reproduction but not sure I want to spend the money.

#98 2 years ago

From the pic it looked 2D. My apologies. Mystic was my first game, about a year and a half ago. Love it! Especially the sound design. Mine is 1265.

1 week later
#99 2 years ago

More than anything. I miss the artwork in my collection. Game was brutal.

af352a5df048a9bdab23a6f9deaef08540245983 (resized).jpegaf352a5df048a9bdab23a6f9deaef08540245983 (resized).jpeg
#100 2 years ago

Looks like a damn beautiful example too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mystic-club-the-eye-is-watching-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.