You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160618_140924_(resized).jpg
20160617_163241_(resized).jpg
20160617_163037_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hello, I am needing help with my machine..I have a PF Lamp.."Same Player Shoot Again" it is unresponsive. At which point is it supposed to activate. It doesn't light in Lamp Test. I have a new Altec light board. New to self maintenance...LOL...

#2 7 years ago

Very low probability that there is a problem with the lamp driver board since you replaced it. Your next two likely suspects are the socket itself and the connector J1 on the board, pin 26 (wire color = 47, green/orange). You probably either need to repin that one or replace the socket. You can check continuity with a DMM by sticking a cut piece of resistor lead in the connector pin female socket and then use the other probe at the lamp socket.

#3 7 years ago

Great info. I will test the socket in lamp test mode..does pin 26 go routed/wired directly to tge socket?..maybe a cut in the wire?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Great info. I will test the socket in lamp test mode..does pin 26 go routed/wired directly to tge socket?..maybe a cut in the wire?

Wire goes direct from between pin 26 to lamp socket. This is how I would approach this. Clip the wire off of the connector and then strip a little to expose the wire inside and measure continuity back to the lamp socket to verify integrity of the wire, then properly repin a new connector pin, then measure continuity from the pin again to the lamp socket. If you still don't have continuity then replace the lamp socket (typically, it is corrosion of the lamp socket that is the problem)

#5 7 years ago

Wow,..im excited to get home and try it..how do I remove the pin from the connector...I was unsure that the wire ran direct...thought it bridged off or split throughout the under PF...thanks again...I will try today...

#6 7 years ago

Removing pins from .156/.100 molex connectors is a PITA. Try a jeweler's screwdriver to press down on the retaining tab as you pull out the pin.

#7 7 years ago

Sometimes the crimps have failed, often improperly crimped on the insulation. As westofrome said, use a small jewelers screwdriver to press down on the tab in the top of the slot of the housing to back them out.

#8 7 years ago

Wow,...my J1 pin 26 in yellow with light green...

20160617_163037_(resized).jpg20160617_163037_(resized).jpg

20160617_163241_(resized).jpg20160617_163241_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

That entire connector needs to be repined for reliability

#10 7 years ago

With the game on, connect a jumper between the ground braid in the cabinet and the tab where the wire connects on the socket. The lamp will light if the socket is good. Don't touch anything to the bare wire that goes from socket to socket or any part of the bracket that mounts the socket to the playfield, that's all 6V and you will blow your lamp fuse.

#11 7 years ago

or jumper the tab from one light socket to the lamp socket tab in question. if bulb lights, your socket is ok.
if bulb does not light, replace the bulb itself first.
if it still doesnt light, then replace that pin in connector.
if any of those pins in that connectot have acid damage or corrosion, replace them all.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

..how do I remove the pin from the connector

20160618_140924_(resized).jpg20160618_140924_(resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

press on the little tab on each pin. you can also just use a small screw driver press tab down, it pushes it in, then pull pin out the back.

#14 7 years ago

same concept as a drawer hinge in a tool chest . ^^^^^ push in "tab" , then pull it out.

#15 7 years ago

Ok what size pins are they? Are they 22 gauge wire?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 199.95
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mystic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.