received_5720825391357505 (resized).jpeg
received_130060993393207 (resized).jpeg
received_536025338731435 (resized).jpeg
20230423_192822 (resized).jpg
20230107_170941 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 10.57.50 AM (resized).png
IMG_20220910_151653 (resized).jpg
20220908_101813 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

I'm assuming someone just lazily put a fully exposed wire to make a necessary connection,

That bare wire is factory, it's soft and flexible to minimise any effect on the swinging tilt plumb-bob.

It shouldn't be screwed to the slam switch assembly though, it should be screwed to the wood board on its own.

First picture is the generic Bally setup.
Second picture shows someone moved the slam switch close to the tilt plumb-bob in what looks like a similar way to yours with the bare wire screwed to the slam assembly.

TiltBoard.jpgTiltBoard.jpg
TiltBoard2.jpgTiltBoard2.jpg

10 months later
#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Bakchos:

weird problem without rights flipper tho, everytime I flip, I get 30 points.

Maybe a problem with one of the 30 point rebound switches. There are two of them which is switch #29:

MrMrsPacMan_SW29.pngMrMrsPacMan_SW29.png
MrMrsPacMan_SW29_locations.pngMrMrsPacMan_SW29_locations.png

1 week later
#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Bakchos:

when you are already in a game and ready to shoot ball 2,

if you press start does it cancel your current game and restart a new one ?

Once you're on the 2nd ball in play, there's no going back to ball one in the same game. Pressing the start button will cancel the current game and start a new one.
As long as the game is on the 1st ball in play, you can add new players till you have four players.
That's how all early Ballys work.

1 year later
#207 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

Where is the cap located?

TiltBoard_capacitor.jpgTiltBoard_capacitor.jpg

#213 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

thank I looked an nothing is out of the ordinary that I can see.

Looking at the capacitor won't really tell you anything. It only needs to become very slightly resistive (low mega ohms) in failure causing it to discharge between switch read cycles resulting in the tilt switch to appear closed. And this is a common failure of that capacitor.

You need to disconnect one end of the capacitor to see if the problem goes away.

#216 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

I did a continuity test with the cap and its open. Is there any place all of the tilt wires come together so I can clip or desolder one place to eliminate that issue for now?

The capacitor circled in the pictures above is the only one on the tilt switches.
BTW post a better picture of the tilt board face on. I can't see exactly where the capacitor is connected in your picture because its position looks different to my picture.

#222 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

I'm not sure if for some reason the coils aren't getting the voltage if it falls into tilt or not.

The coils will not activate so long as the game is tilted.
Try this:
With the machine OFF, disconnect the J2 connector (which is the playfield switch harness) from the MPU board.
Power ON. Does the Tilt lamp come on? When you press the start button does the ball eject to the shooter lane?
With the machine OFF, reconnect J2 but disconnect the J3 connector (which is the cabinet / coin door switch harness) from the MPU board.
Power ON. Does the Tilt lamp come on?

#224 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

still went to tilt mode.

Put the game in lamp test mode (press the little red push button switch inside the coin door once). Does the Tilt lamp flash on and off?

#226 10 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

We’ve established that test mode button does not work.

Ok.
@troyster42, remove the J3 connector from the MPU board and briefly jumper MPU J3 pin 1 to ground to simulate the self test button.

#229 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

I have uploaded a video of how it boots up too

The game is not completing the boot process. The MPU board in the backbox has a LED that should flicker the very moment you power-on and then it should flash a number of times indicating certain devices have passed tests. Can you upload a video showing the MPU LED showing just before you power up and after it stops flashing?

PinWiki has the LED flash details indicating what device has just passed tests so you can determine where the failure is occurring - if you want to read up:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern#Bally_.2F_Stern_MPU_Board_LED_Flash_Sequence

#231 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

I get a flicker 7 flashes then a flicker and off.

Can you post a video? The flicker after the 7th flash is odd.

#233 10 months ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

Sorry I was wrong with the last flicker but here is a vid of the MPU led on boot up, thanks for the help!

Hmm, it's crashing just as it's about to go into attract mode. After the 7th flash, the LED should go dim indicating program execution is running normally.
You have a MPU board problem here.

May I suggest you open a tech support thread in the early solid state tech sub-forum because discussion from here will have nothing to do with Mr and Mrs Pac-Man. We can follow up there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-early-80s-solid-state

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mr-and-mrs-pacman-wants-al-to-play?tu=Quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.